Cambridge, ON, Canada Toronto, ON, Canada Req #357
Monday, June 21, 2021
Focused on leading the transition to a sustainable future, Glen Dimplex Americas is enhancing the moments that matter in life with a commitment to delivering the best design and efficiency in the areas of temperature control and comfort creation. With operation throughout North America the success of the Glen Dimplex Americas organization is a testament to the strength of our people and investment in innovation and technology.
Our portfolio of industry recognized brands includes Dimplex, Cadet and Faber. Together these brands provide complete product offerings in the residential and commercial comfort categories, ranging from electric heaters, to fireplaces and controls.
Glen Dimplex Americas is a division of the Glen Dimplex Group
- the world's largest manufacturer of electrical heating, which holds significant global market positions in domestic appliances, heating, cooling, ventilation, and renewable energy solutions. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland the Glen Dimplex Group privately owns over 40 brands with operations in 80 countries.
Responsible to the Chief Human Resources Officer for providing advice, direction and management to the development and execution of the corporate communications program ensuring consistency and alignment to the company's business strategy. This role will lead the company's employee and leadership communications to build a positive culture of transparency and two-way dialogue. The successful candidate will be a communications subject matter expert as well as a solutions-focused, curious and collaborative leader that thrives in fast-paced environments.
Who You Are
You have the ability to build strong relationships and work collaboratively in a team environment with both internal and external parties. You are highly organized and have a high attention to detail. You are comfortable working cross functionally with all levels in the organization. You are a self-starter with an ability to get things accomplished. You can juggle multiple projects and commitments in a fast-paced environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and execute the overall internal communications strategy to produce results that are aligned with business objectives.
- Clearly define organizational communications policies and processes, ensuring information is easily available to all team members and updated as necessary.
- Work with marketing on consistency branding guidelines are adhered to.
- Develop an employee-first approach to the content, channels and experiences meant for employees, ensuring staff is informed, inspired and enabled in their daily jobs.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders across the leadership team and their functions to proactively identify opportunities for communications.
- Develop and leverage communications tools and platforms to measure outcomes and ensure plans are meeting the company's business objectives.
- Lead on issues that may have a high impact on brand and company reputation.
- Champions change by partnering with business leaders and other internal departments to develop timely and appropriate communication and action plans.
- Develop and execute a variety of communication platforms i.e. Rewards and Recognition Program, Town Halls, and company newsletters.
- Protect and enhance Glen Dimplex Amercias' reputation through effective communications and integrated storytelling.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Have a post-secondary degree in Communications, Journalism or related field, and five (5)
- years professional experience in internal/corporate/employee communications.
- The successful candidate will be an advocate for change management.
- Have the proven ability to create content and craft key messages related to employee/human resources matters.
- Excellent writing and editing skills in a variety of formats, styles and media. Meticulous attention to detail, with an eye for grammar and consistency. Experience in employee and leadership communications
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and effectively handle changing priorities.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Tenacious, results driven leader who builds relationships and sees initiatives through to execution.
- Ability to think creatively, generate opinions, build consensus, and execute.
How to Apply
Our team members include people like you: enthusiastic, innovative, motivated and creative. If you are interested in joining our team or learning more about this opportunity, please apply now. Glen Dimplex Americas offers a competitive total rewards package, and we are continually striving to attract and retain the best talent available, building ongoing success for both our organization and our employees!
Glen Dimplex Americas is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Glen Dimplex Americas, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Start Date
Monday, July 12, 2021