This role is located at our National Office in Kitchener, and flexible working arrangements are available.
Join Financial Horizons Group (FHG): The Financial Services Company of Choice
Financial Horizons Group offers varied career opportunities for dynamic people seeking to demonstrate their drive and contribute to our team. Headquartered in Kitchener, Ontario, and with a presence right across the country, we are confident in our level of service and in our complete offering.
- Work-life balance in a professional and engaging environment;
- Personal development opportunities and training;
- A strong coaching culture whereby communication and growth are prioritized;
- Generous paid sick/emergency, vacation and bereavement leave policies;
- Competitive pay with yearly compensation reviews;
- Above average group benefits and RRSP matching plans;
- Market leading wellness credit and years of service recognition programs.
About Financial Horizons Group :
Financial Horizons Group is a leading, national, Canadian-owned and operated Managing General Agency (MGA) that offers a comprehensive selection of life/health insurance, employee benefits, pensions, investments, structured settlements, and risk management products and services to advisors throughout Canada. As an MGA, Financial Horizons Group is appointed by 24 insurance companies to distribute their products and services, through independent financial advisors to Canadian consumers. Financial Horizons Group partners with financial advisors for support in growing advisors' businesses. This commitment translates into providing advisors with the ideal mix of resources, products and services that they, in turn, can offer to their clients.
As a Digital Graphic Designer at Financial Horizons Group, you oversee the design, creation and execution of a large variety of digital and print content across the company. Your success in this role is driven by your passion for creative projects as well as your ability to stay up-to-date on the latest design trends and technology. You have an excellent work ethic, a commitment to quality and an imaginative mind.
- Strategize, create and execute digital graphic designs from end to end working with stakeholders across the business.
- Design projects within established brand standards and style guide for print and digital media best practices.
- Provide input, conceptualize, design, and implement for a range of marketing communications including: social media, digital advertising, websites, video storyboards, e-newsletters, brochures, ads, magazines, posters, banners, signage, presentation material, trade show graphics, videos, and branding.
- Must be adept at reviewing a creative brief and generating clear ideas, concepts, and direction.
? Assist in the design and production of professional presentations using PowerPoint. ? Assist in creating and managing assets for various websites .
- Manage preparation of art files for print vendors.
- Proofreading and quality assurance.
- Meet and communicate with other departments to understand their design needs.
- Remain abreast of trends in design and technology to ensure creative solutions are relevant and reflective of the Financial Horizons Group brand.
- Collaborate with colleagues on the Marketing & Communication team, as well as partners throughout the company.
- Play an active role in developing our in-house capabilities, building out our digital marketing function as we scale. For example: Understanding of current web standards, principles and best practices with regards to digital marketing, display ads, and social media.
- Other design related tasks and projects, as assigned.
- High degree of proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud
- InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop at minimum
- XD, Premiere and After Effects a plus
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, especially PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Proficiency in design for digital platforms
- Knowledge of print and digital best practices including layout, typography, website accessibility standards and colour.
- Proven design capabilities as demonstrated in a portfolio
- Ability to explain and rationalize design decisions
- Ability and eagerness to learn new and emerging software
- Extremely detail-oriented, organized, and efficient, with excellent time-management skills.
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of employees and management
- High level communication skills to interpret design needs and creative briefs
- Working creatively within the restrictions of brand guidelines and design systems
- A team player who is not afraid to take constructive feedback on your work.
- Post-secondary education in graphic design with 2-3 years professional experience as a graphic designer.
- Experience developing creative briefs an asset
- Experience working as part of an interdependent team
If this sounds like you, please submit your resume and portfolio. Portfolios can be sent via link to download, URL, etc.