- Feel passionate about sustainability and making this planet a better place?
- Want to be part of a driven, high-performance team with big aspirations?
- Do whatever it takes to succeed?
- Have an innate hunger to rise to your highest potential?
- Want to #ButcherBeans? (R.I.P. to Bertie the Bean)
WHO ARE WE
First of all, you found us. Fantastic. That wasn't random. Something led you here. An instinct. A curiosity. A glimpse at potential. Good. That's how we feel about The Very Good Food Company. We're gearing up for massive growth and we'd love YOU to be a part of it!
So what's our story?
Our founders were fed up with the overly-processed meat alternatives available and knew they could raise the bar. As trained chefs with years of experience, they set out to make the most delicious and nutritious plant-based meats they could. A bajillion butchered beans, a Dragon's Den appearance, 15 new products, and the opening of our first production facility later, we are ready to revolutionize the plant-based industry. We're on a mission to show the world that making good food choices doesn't mean sacrificing flavour. We create food that's Very Good for people, animals and the planet (all while having a TON fun along the way!).
So who works here?
All of us strive to create an environment that reflects our organization's core values: sustainability, compassion, innovation, harmony, trust, and transparency. We're a group of forward thinkers. We're passionate. We do not discriminate. Period. We believe companies should measure and be accountable for their impacts on people and the planet. Our approach is to simply be ?more human and less corporate?. We love doing work that matters. We celebrate our wins. And we recognize that we only win as a team. If you're yelling at your computer screen, ?GET ME IN!?
- keep reading...
WHO YOU ARE
We are looking for a Social Media Content Creator to manage our accounts. You will be responsible for creating original text and video content, managing posts and responding to followers. You will manage our company image in a cohesive way to achieve our marketing goals. As our new Social Media Content Creator, we expect you to be up to date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends. You should have excellent communication skills and be able to express our company's views creatively and in engaging ways. Ultimately, you will be key in managing our social media presence ensuring high levels of web traffic and customer engagement!
- Create and schedule social media content and copy that breaks through and resonates with consumers while maintaining a consistent on-brand style and voice, optimized for business goals. Content includes but may not be limited to Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, TikTok and other corporate social media properties. The Very Good Food Company umbrella includes The Very Good Butchers, The Very Good Cheese Co, and The Very Good Food Co. handles
- Create content that resonates through humor and alignment with our company's mission to make plant-based eating the norm. Consistently bring VGFC and VGB's brand standards and brand voice to life across all social media channels
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer reviews
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions
- Stay up to date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications
- Assist in developing, executing and analyzing social media campaigns for product launches and other events
- Assist in creating and curating social media content including, but not limited to, images, video, and live broadcasts
- Assist in the monitoring of social media metrics and implement strategic improvements to the content strategy
- Ensure accuracy of facts, grammar and spelling in all content
- Light up at the idea of creating humorous content that positively impacts people's day to day lives
- Deeply driven to understand audience needs and behaviors
- Thrives in a fast paced, diverse, and multi-disciplinary environment
- Energetic and collaborative; a great work ethic; high degree of ownership
- A team player, with a positive, can do attitude
- 1-2 years of social media content marketing
- English proficiency is a must
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Copywriting experience is considered an asset
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong proficiency in Asana, Slack, Sprout Social, Google Analytics (is a plus)
- Experience with CPG, food, and packaging is a bonus
- Strong ability to multitask and prioritize workload with quick turnarounds
- Photography and videography skills are considered an asset
- Must enjoy eating food :-)
WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME?
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people setting the new standard of delicious plant-based foods
- Make an impact with your work-each person no matter what their role, plays a critical piece in the puzzle. We make an effort to recognize everyone for their contributions and attribute all of our successes to the heart of our organization, our people.
- We offer competitive salaries, company wide performance bonuses, stock options, and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Whether you're in Victoria, California, or Vancouver, you'll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with other employees across the company through team-wide events, meet and greets with new team members, and regular social events
- Have fun with our team, even while we're working remotely-join us for an online games session, virtual trivia and paint nights, at-home fitness challenges, or even an online coffee brewing demo!
- Work with the hardware you're most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Get set up for success, whether that's at the office or at home. Whether you need a monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, or even a desk, we'll work to ensure you have what you need to do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work-we're proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
We welcome all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. Thank you for your interest in The Very Good Food Company, and we encourage you to apply today!