Bio-Rad is looking for an Inside Sales Representative to generate revenue by supporting the complete line of LSG products and support the efforts of the Field Sales Team. This role will direct revenue to alternate sales channels. In addition, this position will direct interaction with customers providing them product information, pricing and technical product knowledge and educating and communicating the value added by the Bio-Rad Products. Additional responsibilities include, qualifying leads, quoting, and researching product information. This position serves as a career path for our Field Sales positions.Responsibilities :
- Sells the Bio-Rad product line, via telephone, to hospitals and laboratories too small to be covered by a Field Account Manager. Ensures customer satisfaction and meets sales goals for an assigned territory. Informs customers of new products and/or product changes that may affect their business. Ensures effective sales and service coverage in their assigned geographic market. Ratio of 60/40 cold calls versus maintenance calls. Develop a territory plan in order to achieve the targeted revenue and add to the product growth on an ongoing basis.
- Supportive role: provide occasionally administrative and sales support to specific Field Sales Representatives including quotes, bid preparation, technical support, and researching product information. Provide when asked by Customer Service Department phone support to customer inquiries for product information and pricing.
(10%) Support trade shows and workshops as directed based on coordinated travel. Including support of our Educational Division Products. Expecting a 1 week per quarter visiting main customersQualifications :
- Masters or post graduate degree, in Science is required. Masters in Molecular Biology or Biochemistry is preferred.
- Experience in a research Laboratory or sales experience in the Life Sciences environment
- no less than 2 years.
- Fully bilingual English and French.
- Strong product and laboratory knowledge of both Bio-Rad and other competitive products.
- Develop and learn the selling process and execute the selling skills.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proven analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills. Ability to be a team player and communicate professionally with people at all levels of the organization including external contacts.
- Less than 10% travel (one full week per quarter overnight)
Bio-Rad is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Bio-Rad Laboratories (Canada) Ltd. will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Bio-Rad Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.