Managing Editor, Edmonton
Edmonton, AB, Canada Req #1423
Thursday, July 1, 2021
Are you creative, dynamic and passionate? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Corus Entertainment has an exciting opportunity for you. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to work for Corus Entertainment, we encourage you to apply.
Corus Entertainment and Global News has an exciting Managing Editor opportunity available on its award-winning news team in Edmonton, joining our team of content managers to guide editorial content creation for news, sport and weather.
As Managing Editor, Global Edmonton, your duties will include, though are not limited to, the following:
- Guide the daily editorial direction of online, news, sports, and weather content.
- Advance strategies for short and long term news event planning.
- Contribute to strategic planningand competitive strategy.
- Perform performance reviews; assist with hiring, staff reassignment, and discipline.
- Create and maintain efficient staffing schedules.
- Generate opportunities for increased community interaction and support.
- Ensure Global News Principles and Practices are strictly adhered to.
What we need from you
- A post-secondary or university degree in broadcast or broadcast journalism.
- Working knowledge of new media tools and technologies and related applications.
- The successful candidate will excel in difficult assignments, and has proven initiative to get the job done.
- The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator, an exceptional people person, and works well in a team environment.
- Our ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of how major news organizations are employing a wide range of digital platforms and formats and familiarity with online news reporting and where it's headed.
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you'll feel it. You'll see it in action.
You'll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You'll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You'll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day
- Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique
- and amazing
- place to work.
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'.
- No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
02-Media/Communications Creative & Design