The chosen individual for this role will work with our current sales management team to lead, coach and help our youthful sales team reach their potential and lead us to significant sales volumes well into the future.
If you have put some roots down in the automotive industry; and have had success as a sales consultant, business manager or currently a used vehicle sales manager, we would like to speak with you. Our current sales managers are looking for an individual that have energy, fresh thoughts and the ambition to learn.
Our Sales Managers must have the following attributes:
- Be a professional. The Lexus Way expects all of our team members to abide by a set of values which includes all team members being able to be hospitable, service oriented and professional.
- Be able to be coached as well as being able to coach and mentor our progressive Sales Team,
- Be process driven and detail oriented. Lexus is all about process and our Sales management team needs to set the tone for the rest of the staff of how important providing a consistent, superior customer experience is provided.
- Be able to above everything else, put our Guests needs first and to provide a superior purchase experience.
- Be driven by performance and goal achievement and put programs and structure in place by which our sales team can also measure their goals and be accountable for achieving them.
- Be able to work within a team environment and be able to engage a sales team.
- Proficient in operating a personal computer including Microsoft office: E-mail, Excel and Word
- Experience with PBS dealer management system would be beneficial.
- Familiarity with a dealership desking system and VAuto appraisal system.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- High School Diploma or University or College Degree
- Great attitude with outgoing personality
- Be a customer focused and service minded.
- Professional appearance and work ethic
- Ability to work in a process driven environment.
- Establish department objectives and pursue those objectives through planning, organizing, controlling and performance measurement.
- Provide solutions and leadership to restore off-track performance for the department
- Provide an effective transaction and purchase process for our sales team
- Acquire pre-owned vehicles at competitive wholesale prices, accurately estimating and considering outstanding reconditioning costs required on units purchased.
- Control departmental expenses and ensure they stay within budget guidelines.
- Participate in the merchandising and marketing promotions and campaigns, monitoring their effectiveness while remaining within promotional budgets.
- Hire, educate, train, motivate product advisors and review their performance on a regular basis.
- Communicate sales objectives and attainment success to Sales Consultants
- Conduct daily and weekly sales meetings
- Educate Sales Consultants to successfully address any guest misunderstandings or complaints, quickly, fairly and completely.
- Maintain Sales and Inventory records and facilitate purchases as required.
- Cover off the Used Vehicle Sales Manager periodically in their absence.
- Clearly understand and model policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Fulfil other Duties as assigned by the GM.
Our dealership is owner operated and takes pride in creating a culture of teamwork, mutual respect, integrity and authenticity. Making our staff feel they are part of our family is a priority. Were proud of our culture and we've put together a video that gives you a glimpse into what Lexus of Royal Oak is about. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n8BFlhvWgM
As mentioned above we are looking for a proven leader that through hard work can make a difference at our dealership. We are looking for someone that wants to plant some roots and seek out a future at our company. We believe in open and honest communication and being progressive. The chosen individual will need to be someone that can carry out our business with the utmost in Excellence, Honesty and Integrity.
Compensation, Bonuses and benefits will be discussed at interview. All interest to this position will be kept strictly confidential.