Number of Openings:1
POSITION OVERVIEW :Reporting to the Global Application Manager
- Sales to Service, the Applications Analyst for Finning Canada plays a key role to ensure that the application systems being used are meeting the needs of the organization. You will be responsible in designing, developing, and implementing application iterations in addition to focus on the analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of application errors and problems. This is temporary full-time role.
The ideal candidate brings a minimum 3-5+ years of Applications (Systems) experience and has the ability to liaise with internal stakeholders on a day to day basis. Though you may have worked in a wide range of sectors, this role will be primarily supporting our Service and Time Keeping business. Preference will be given to candidates with knowledge in Kronos.
You are known to be extremely motivated, self-driven and have the mindset to ?fix things? when the system is broken. You are known for your exceptional customer service and enjoy problem solving. You thrive in fast paced environment and jump right in to solve issues.
If this is a role that sounds in line with your expertise, we would love to hear from you today!
JOB DESCRIPTION :
- Translate business requirements into functional technical specifications
- Analyze software problems, data issues, and workflows and recommend solutions
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders in the delivery of technology solutions, providing expertise as required to all System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) phases from inception to implementation, with a strong focus on planning for operational support
- Collect and interpret data to support complex operational decisions
- Prepare/maintain detailed support documentation for assigned business systems
- Provide status reports and ensure escalation of issues as necessary
- Ensure presentation of information is professional, timely and accurate
- Responsible for compliance with activities and controls required by Finning's Change Management policies & procedures within scope
- Ensure that imperative specification and support documentation are understood by the reviewers, approvers, and users of the material
- Ensure that risks uncovered as part of the incident and problem management processes, within scope, are communicated and mitigated in a timely manner
- Represent the company in a professional and ethical manner and maintain effective relationships with internal departments and staff while maintaining confidentiality
- Professional degree in related Business and/or IT discipline is required
- 3-5 plus years related business system analysis & support experience in a complex Information Technology environment.
- Financial knowledge or experience is preferred.
- Experience with Infor M3, Kronos
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Exceptional team player
- Strong working knowledge of tools, languages and methodologies related to systems analysis and support
- Strong business acumen
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Concise and clear written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to adapt to the needs of specific audiences
- Solid time management, planning and prioritization skills, with an ability to manage multiple task and priorities concurrently
- Resilience, with the ability to adapt under changing business priorities
- Understand the potential and limitations of information technology
- This is a temporary full time position
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.