- 15 years of technology related sales or business development experience
- 7 years of sales management experience working for technology vendor selling Enterprise cloud and software solutions
- BComm / BMgmt, BA, BS degree or equivalent experience Amazon Web Services (AWS) is proud to be the pioneer and widely recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups, Midmarket to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in financial services, pharmaceuticals, and high technology. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from Canadian start-ups and SMB to Large Enterprise companies in Energy, Agriculture, Transportation, Telecom, and Retail, Financial Services, and High Technology.
Would you like to manage the account management team focused on increasing adoption of Amazon Web Services for Large Enterprises in Central Canada? Do you have the business savvy, technical background, and leadership skills necessary to establish successful partnerships across the engineering and sales organizations? As the Greenfield Sales Leader in Canada West, you will be responsible for a team of acquisition focused Enterprise Account Executives focused on growth within a base of the largest Canadian companies across Western Canada.
Your responsibilities will include building and managing a highly talented sales team focused on driving innovation and AWS platform adoption and new customer acquisition in the Enterprise segment? The ideal candidate will possess a technology sales management and sales team leadership background that enables them to engage at the CxO level. You should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges as well as build and convey compelling value propositions and work broadly to build customer centric approaches that drive high value business outcomes for AWS customers. As people leader, the ability to coach, motivate, and support individual team members while building scaled approaches and acumen with our sales and overlay teams will be key to your success. You should also be a self-starter who is prepared to own, define, develop and execute a geographic plan and consistently deliver on annual revenue targets.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Hire and develop individual sales team members
- Drive revenue and market share within the geography
- Meet or exceed quarterly revenue targets
- Develop and execute a comprehensive regional plan centered around sales engagement and customer go-to-market including vertical centric approaches
- Accelerate customer adoption
- Maintain a robust sales pipeline and coach individual sales team members on opportunity development within that context
- Work with partners to extend reach & drive adoption
- Manage customer facing contract negotiations
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts at the CxO / VP level
- Ensure customer satisfaction
- Expect moderate travel As a member of AWS, you are joining a team that invests in your success by providing comprehensive learning and mentorship programs.We offer a flexible work environment to help you balance your work and personal life, while still remaining customer obsessed.
For more information on AWS, please visit http://aws.amazon.com
- A technical background in engineering, computer science, or MIS is a plus
- Experience leading a team of high performance Account Executives focused on Enterprise account engagement
- Extensive customer network and contacts at the customer executive level (CxO / VP)
- Strong leadership skills and a proven ability to motivate and orchestrate individual sales team members
- Demonstrated financial acumen
- Deep understanding of SalesOps process, mechanism and activities and how to apply data driven insights to sales program management
- Proven track record of consistent territory growth and quota obtainment as a sales leader
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Significant, proven background in Cloud based sales engagement and go-to-market approaches
- Technical Background / Experience including depth of understanding on technical drivers and consideratoins related to cloud transformation
- A technical background in engineering, computer science, or MIS a plus Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust. Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.