Location: Toronto, Canada
Thales people architect solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our Rail Signalling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.
Thales provides world-leading Communications-Based Train Control (CBTC) and interlocking for mass rail transit applications globally. The Centre of Competence for Urban Rail Signalling is located right before you at mid-town Toronto. As the largest office in Canada, we house a department for every step of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)! This includes Software, Hardware, Systems Design, Verification & Validation, Operations, etc. The supporting corporate shared services teams in Finance, Human Resources and IT is also located at the office. Our office space was designed to provide a sustainable, healthy workplace that expresses TRSS's brand while increasing collaboration. Features include Greenguard furniture, EnergyStar appliances, low-emitting adhesives, sealants, and sliding glass doors on internal offices provide daylight and views to the outside. Come join the big Transport family, here in Toronto!
- Secure profitable business for the company. Business Development & Sales success is measured by achieving Order Intake budget at target margins.
- Work in assigned regions worldwide and with assigned customers to identify and qualify potential opportunities for Thales' products and solutions. Follow up with potential customers and their stakeholders & influencers to present Thales' product and organizational capabilities, to positively influence customers towards the company and our products.
- Keep abreast of Thales' technical developments and products, and work with Product Strategy department to identify suitable product solutions in response to customers' requirements.
- Keep abreast of general industry trends and competitors' products and project awards to determine the competitions' potential response strategies for individual bid opportunities.
- Determine and guide the execution of Thales' opportunity win strategies. This includes working with Bids & Proposals, Contracts, Finance and other departments, to secure approvals to bid, coordinate and deliver proposals and responses to RFQs/RFPs or other formal customer requests.
- Follow-up on submitted proposals and manage the negotiating strategies to secure the targeted opportunities.
- Increase opportunity pipeline and win rate on new markets/ products/customers with better qualified opportunities (profitable)
- Support the coordination of and participate in trade shows and other general marketing efforts as assigned.
- Prepare, on a regular basis, reports for management review which summarize the status of assigned regions and customers, and the strategies to secure the business targets.
- The above activities may frequently involve travel
- B.Eng., B.Sc., B.Bus or equivalent experience
- 5+ years business development & sales experience.
- 3+ years of experience in the transportation sector or equivalent experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Excellent writing ability.
- Strong communications skills in English. Spoken and written fluency in other languages may be an asset.
Thales is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. Thales is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the interview process. Applicants selected for an interview who require accommodation are asked to advise accordingly upon the invitation for an interview. We will work with you to meet your needs. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience.