Demand for our beautiful, custom-designed cabinetry continues to grow. To view our 50th-year collection, please visit us at https://www.merit-kitchens.com/fiftieth/. We are hiring a Graphic Designer to develop comprehensive layouts of our cabinets and update the catalogue and specification book. This role will also support the marketing team in creating internal materials for our dealers and employees.
- Understand the materials, processes, parts, and hardware we use for cabinet manufacturing.
- Collaborate with the design, engineering, and finance departments to update drawings and pricing in the catalogue.
- Coordinate and maintain a library of graphics, media, digital records, and other enterprise content, and upkeep the catalogue and pricing book.
- Design electronic and printed materials for publication, marketing, websites, trade shows, etc.
- Assist the manager to source and select vendors for printing and publication services.
- Participate in marketing strategic planning meetings.
- Work with the external marketing department to develop content for social media websites.
- Plan and design changes to company templates such as employee onboarding forms.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate communications strategies and programs.
- Other duties as required.
Skills and Experience:
- 1 or more years of experience using design and photo editing software such as InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Completion of a training program, apprenticeship, or university/college degree would be an asset.
- Skills and experience designing flyers, brochures, logos, signage, and other exhibits/displays.
- Experience creating electronic page layouts.
- Up to date with graphic design methods, practices, techniques, and associated principles.
- Effective deadline management and project management skills.
- Attention to detail, creativity, and innovation.
We offer competitive wages along with a comprehensive benefits package including extended health care, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, vacation, company RRSP, free on-site parking, work-life balance (no weekend work), and much more.
We are proud to be an inclusive workplace committed to building a team culture. Merit Kitchens provides opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, persons with disabilities or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
For more information visit https://www.merit-kitchens.com/
Thank you for your interest in Merit Kitchens. While we sincerely appreciate every application, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
About Merit Kitchens:
It was 50 years ago that Merit Kitchens was founded by craftspeople in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, and began providing Western Canada with high-quality kitchen cabinets. The company has long since grown into a world-class supplier of beautiful cabinetry, representing superior quality and extraordinary value. Today, Merit's product can be found in homes throughout Canada, the United States, and parts of Asia. Our Mission it to profitably manufacture cabinets of uncompromising quality while delivering a unique and positively branded experience to our customers, team members and stakeholders alike.