Requisition ID: 110798
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Contributes to the overall success of Insurance Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Leads the review of Insurance enrollment across businesses and sales channels, to ensure procedures are followed accurately and enrollments are set up correctly.
- Consistently monitor for sales practice anomalies through all applicable sales channels
- Facilitates the update of the Quarterly Risk Management presentation
- Identifies any weaknesses / gaps in process, considers available options and recommends solutions to strengthen controls
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships by leveraging broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Champions Risk Management requirements and culture in Insurance Canada and supports the Risk Management reporting and governance activities.
- Supports Bank enterprise initiatives, regulatory inquires, compliance and audit reviews.
- Understands how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Education and Other Requirements
- Undergraduate degree preferred.
- Good understanding of the Bank's retail platform, prior experience in a compliance / audit role.
- Strong customer focus
- Self-awareness and personal development
Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp new concepts and master new applications / system tools
Excellent problem solving, investigative and analytical skills
Sound judgement and a keen attention to detail
Ability to work independently and within tight deadlines
Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects concurrently
Expert at working effectively as a team member in cross functional teams
Ability to quickly adapt to unforeseen changes in priorities and initiatives
Strong analytical skills required to extra data for reporting purposes
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.