KITCHENER, ON /
MARKETING & SALES
We're building a movement
- an education revolution.
We're building a world where anyone, anywhere can have access to the best education regardless of where they were born. At our core, we believe education is a right, not a privilege. To that end, we're building a company and a suite of products to lead the charge in transforming access to education.
ApplyBoard is an online platform that empowers students around the world to access the best education by connecting international students, recruitment partners, and academic institutions. We simplify the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process. Not only do we help students with their study abroad journey, but we also help academic institutions to find the best students globally. Our goal is to help enable better, more diverse, schools that are enriched with cultures from all over the world.
We're looking for a creative, innovative, and multi-disciplinary Graphic Designer to join the growing Marketing Team at ApplyBoard. In this fast-paced role, you'll apply your extensive graphic design experience to tell ApplyBoard's story through compelling visual communications.
What you'll be doing every day:
- Conceptualize and create eye-catching graphics for traditional and digital mediums, including but not limited to, the ApplyBoard Platform, ApplyBoard's websites, social media channels, email campaigns, marketing programs, knowledgebase, training platform, presentations, videos, and events
- Complete day-to-day graphic requests to support marketing programs including small illustrations, email headers, email body graphics, social media posts, WhatsApp posts, blog headers, handouts/flyers, etc.
- Approach projects with a high level of creativity to develop new and exciting ways to communicate visually
- Ensure the ApplyBoard brand is consistently represented across all designs internally and externally
- Actively participate in project kickoff sessions to solicit direction, develop concepts, and produce designs that align with the overall goal of marketing campaigns
- Lead conversations with Marketing Team and Senior Leadership to incorporate their vision and ensure final designs reflect desired messaging and goals
- Utilize strong communication skills to engage with cross-functional team members, from entry-level to leadership, to effectively collaborate and solicit
- Incorporate constructive feedback from stakeholders into designs Apply industry best practices and stay on-top-of trends to keep the ApplyBoard brand fresh and forward-facing
- Deliver high-quality, well-thought-out designs under tight deadlines
- Prioritize and schedule project work to ensure on-time delivery
What you bring to the table:
- 5-7+ years of graphic design experience in a fast-paced environment, tech industry experience preferred
- A college degree or university diploma in graphic design, integrated marketing communications, multimedia design, web design, fine arts, or a related field'
- Strong understanding of design principles and marketing design fundaments
- Proficient in a Mac environment with advanced experience using the Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud including Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
- Ability to illustrate and adapt personal illustration style to match the ApplyBoard brand is essential Extensive experience creating graphics for social media that are engaging and tailored toward distinct target audiences
- Willingness to collaborate on design decisions and respond to constructive feedback
- Self-starter with a positive attitude with the ability to work and solve problems independently
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
Qualifications That Will Make You Standout :
- Strong illustration background with demonstrated examples
- Experience creating motion graphics
- UX/UI design experience is an asset
Samples of Work:
- Candidates must provide a portfolio that showcases their best work
- Show us how you can adapt your illustration style by creating an ApplyBoard style Instagram post
Life at ApplyBoard: *
By joining our team, you have the opportunity to be part of one of the fastest-growing technology companies, not only in Canada but the world. With that, you will have many opportunities for professional growth and advancement. Work alongside a globally diverse team of more than 1,000 team members from 25+ countries, representing* 30+ nationalities, and speaking 50+ languages.*
Make a difference in the lives of thousands of students as they explore educational opportunities.
About ApplyBoard : *
ApplyBoard empowers students around the world to access the best education by simplifying the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process to more than 1,500 institutions across Canada, Australia, the United States, and the United Kingdom. ApplyBoard, headquartered in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, has helped more than 200,000 students from more than 125 countries along their educational journeys since 2015.
ApplyBoard was named the fastest-growing technology company in Canada by Deloitte,* ranking #1 on the Technology Fast 50? list in 2019 and #2 in 2020. ApplyBoard was also been named to LinkedIn's list of Top Startups* in 2020 and TechTO's list of top Canadian Rocketship companies to accelerate your career in the Tech Industry.
In 2021, ApplyBoard announced a C$375M Series D funding on a* C$4B valuation. *This funding will allow us to further invest in our technology, grow our team around the world, and serve more students on our mission to educate the world. Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard. Please note that only qualified applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time