Miller Thomson LLP is one of Canada's fastest growing national business law firms, with offices located in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, London, Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Toronto, Markham, Vaughan and Montréal. Our consistent ability to provide practical, creative and cost-effective advice, combined with an unyielding service commitment to our clients and a strong dedication to our lawyers, staff and the communities in which we practice, gives us a unique position in the Canadian legal industry.
We are seeking a Coordinator Business Development, Marketing and Events to join our Kitchener-Waterloo office. In this role, you will report directly to the Manager, Business Development Events Support, and be part of a National team that supports the firm's practices and lawyers, with primary responsibility for the day-to-day marketing, department administration, and event planning activities undertaken in the Southwestern Ontario offices.
You will be a critical interface between the Business Development & Marketing department, lawyers and administrative departments (such as IT, Professional Development, Library, Office Services, etc. Note that this position may call for occasional overtime.
In this role, your responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
- Supporting the Southwestern Ontario offices and the National Business Development Managers in the planning and execution of group-related client seminars, table and sponsorship organization, and handling all logistics around special off-site events (golf and ski days, tables at local fundraisers, trade show exhibitions, etc.)
- Maintaining an archive of collateral materials and promotional items for regional tradeshows, conference and general community sponsorships
- Fulfilling requests for BD materials, incl. lawyer bios, practice descriptions and brochures relating to firm and practice expertise, and responding to all local BD inquiries
- Collecting information from lawyers to update lawyer website biographies, and posting news items and lawyer speaking engagements to the firm's intranet
- Coordination of firm promotional articles in regional industry publications and supporting marketing and communications activities including regional advertising and lawyer listings in ranking directories
- Organizing website photo sessions for new lawyers and paralegals
- Acting on local office requests, entering needed communication and other marketing support through the Marketing ?Ticket System? and coordinating its fulfillment
- Helping to oversee the integrity of the firm's CRM database and electronic distribution platform by way of handling data entry to assist in building lists for marketing initiatives, maintaining up to date regional content, as well as generating reports and distribution lists in connection with local practice and specialty group events
- Providing occasional back-up support to the National CRM team on major firm initiatives and general day-to-day guidance to legal assistants who are entering, updating and working with their lawyers' contact information
- Coordination of sports ticket distribution for regional client business development purposes, including capturing and logging client information into the CRM and tracking charge-backs for the Accounting department
- Handling orders via the firm's e-store and distribution of the firm's inventory of promotional items for regional office use, ensuring delivery on time and all purchased items are accurately coded
- Department administration including maintaining documentation, (electronic) filing, meeting scheduling and coordination, invoice processing, and occasional internet research to assist firm marketing efforts.
To be successful in this role, you possess;
- A university degree or college diploma and a minimum 2-3 years of work experience in a Business Development and Marketing capacity, ideally in professional services
- Solid knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Some familiarity with database management would be ideal
- Team player with solid time management and organizational skills
- Comfortable building strong and collaborative working relationships across geographies
- Ability to handle multiple projects and problem-solve in a fast-paced environment.
- Superior attention to detail, accuracy and quality assurance.
- Responsiveness and diplomacy
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills, with a proven sense for client service.
Miller Thomson LLP is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to queries individually and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Miller Thomson will provide accommodation on request throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process for applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please inform our Talent department of the nature of accommodation that you may require, to ensure your equal participation.