What makes Gartner's Global Product Management a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you'll be part of a team with a no-limits mindset that develops new, transformational products using technology-based innovations. Gartner delivers tools and actionable insights which help our clients shape the future of their organizations. Our leading-edge team values collaboration, client-obsession and an entrepreneurial spirit. If you're ready to fuel the future of business with creative technology solutions, Gartner is the place for you.
Interested in learning more, view and register for any of our upcoming recruiting events here!
About the Role
Can you tell a story, but let data do most of the talking?
At Pulse, we believe that long, wordy white papers aren't useful. We want to tell data-driven stories without the stuffiness. We create ?One-Minute White Papers?, designed to be read in a minute(ish). Because our target audience are busy decision-makers that don't need a 3-page intro. They need data, summarized into a succinct story.
We work with marketing teams to create these One-Minute White Papers to use as collateral for their prospects and customers in the B2B software industry. You can see our original research library of One-Minute White Papers here: https://home.pulse.qa/featured-insights/research-library. The data for these reports comes from survey responses of the verified tech leaders in the Pulse community.
We're looking for a contract writer who can take pivot tables in an Excel spreadsheet, turn that data into a compelling report, and work closely with the design and editorial team to create a beautiful, infographics-led One-Minute White Paper.
Can you turn survey data into meaningful content that tech leaders will use to make decisions about the future of their company? Do you thrive on simplifying complex topics into a single, simple sentence? Are you willing to learn about cutting-edge technologies that are transforming the software industry? If yes to all the above, we'd love for you to join us.
Applicants without a writing sample will not be considered-we need to know how well you write!
What you'll do:
- Review raw survey data in Excel pivot tables and translate that into insights and key takeaways.
- Create a data-driven story that's clear, compelling and backed by infographics/data.
- Work closely with the Customer Success managers to understand the unique needs of each customer, and create a narrative that fits their story.
- Work with our designers to turn your white paper text outline into a visually engaging One-Minute White Paper.
- Be part of data-review calls with the marketing teams of world-leading software companies.
What you need to succeed:
- Ability to summarize data into insights, with an appreciation for a good infographic.
- Knowledge of SaaS, the IT industry concepts, and technology companies OR the ability and willingness to quickly learn (be prepared to discover new acronyms daily!).
- Comfort with using Excel and pivot tables to a moderate degree. You don't need to be a data scientist but you should know the basics of percentages and how to check your work.
- Strong communication and project management skills. You'll be working closely with our Editorial Team, Customer Success Managers and our Designers on a number of projects at any one time.
- Meeting deadlines is critical to maintaining everyone's workflow.
- Detail-oriented. How does each piece build up to the big picture?
- Self-driven. We want you to be excited about learning new niche topics every single day.
- Be able to ask for help when needed. Not knowing the answer right away is fine, pretending you do is not.
- Speak the language of our audience and understand their needs to create captivating collateral.
- You are excited to work with a scrappy startup, are excited to work cross-functionally toward one company goal, and want to be an active part of our company culture.
- Be excited about self-development. We want you to break things, help us improve, and be part of what moves the company forward as you develop your own personal skills.
- We only want to work with good people. If you don't believe in the same principles as us, that transparency, vulnerability, trust and equality aren't important, then you aren't right for the role.
- This role is open to applicants in Ontario (Canada).
- For Toronto applicants: we are currently working remotely but will be back in the office (most likely 3 days in the office, 2 away) when it's safe to do so.
- This role is a contractor role, with the potential to turn into a full-time hire.
Please provide a writing sample (blog, PDFs of sample email copy or newsletters you've written in the past) and hyperlink it or attach it to your resume or cover letter upload. Applicants without a writing sample will not be considered.
Job Requisition ID:57094
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.