Who is Innovapost?
What role you will play?
The Communications Specialist plays a key role in designing and executing strategic communications across the Organization. The Communications Specialist is responsible for managing a wide range of communications that include large scale programs and transformation initiatives, operational updates, stakeholder reporting, executive communications, and crisis communications. This Communications Specialist will work with a diverse stakeholder group and develop strategic communications to support our key priorities and transformation agenda.
What will you be responsible for? (Apart from Innovating)
- Support the development and implementation of strategic and operational communication strategies, plans and activities across the organization which include the following, but are not limited to:
- Develop communications deliverables (articles, presentations, white papers, speaking notes, etc.) that connect individual communications activities or products to higher-level strategies and goals
- Write and edit story-driven content (long form articles, video scripts, etc.) about complex technical and/or operational subjects that engages target audiences
- Act as a communications advisor for employees and leaders:
- Engage key stakeholders and/or the project sponsor(s) to gain buy-in for communication strategies and plans
- Prepare and present communication plans and status reports to all levels within the organization, providing ongoing input as required
- Prepare board of director and stakeholder reports that summarize complex data in a format easy to understand for various audiences
- Support the Communications Manager in effectively managing executive-level messaging and information important to employees
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with stakeholders at all levels in the organization
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of communication methodologies, standards and tools
- Apply experience to help Innovapost optimize its communications processes
- Develop and support processes to measure and maximize the effectiveness of our communications channels
What skills you need for this role to be yours?
- 5+ years of experience in strategic communications or related field
- Communications experience that ideally includes a blend of employee, corporate and marketing communications
- Strong track record in positioning key messages to various audiences to achieve tangible outcomes
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinker with good creative, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong ability to effectively influence a diverse team of stakeholders
- Superior written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to navigate through uncertainty and lead change within the organization
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
Additional skills that set you apart
- Ability to handle extremely confidential information in a professional manner
- Ability to facilitate and encourage collaboration
- Experience in delivering communications within an IT environment is an asset
- SharePoint/MS Teams, Content management system (CMS), desktop publishing, and Adobe Creative Cloud application experience is an asset
- Demonstrated experience with all forms of social media is an asset
Academic: Post-secondary degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Communications or related field (Required)
Certifications: Communication Management Professional (Asset), Change Management training / certifications, Prosci (Asset), Agile foundations (Asset)
Click HERE to follow us on LinkedIn for the most current job opportunities!
The work we do at Innovapost impacts every Canadian. To work with us, you must be eligible to obtain a Canada Post Reliability Security Clearance.
Good luck! We are looking forward to meeting you, but unfortunately, we will not be able to meet all of you!