About the Company :
The story of the Bosa Family Companies is one of entrepreneurship, commitment and a passion for construction that began over 50 years ago. The wholly integrated, family-run company is backed by a longstanding history of excellence in development, contracting, and asset-management, making it one of Canada's most respected privately-owned brands. With an uncompromising commitment to quality construction and innovative design, the Bosa Family Companies
- through its subsidiaries, Bosa Properties and BlueSky Properties
- has cemented its reputation as one of the British Columbia's top developers, and boasts an extensive portfolio of residential, commercial, industrial, and mixed-use urban properties.
The Director of Internal Communications at Bosa plays a pivotal role in supporting employment brand initiatives through targeted communications across the Bosa Family Companies. Reporting to the Vice President of Human Resources and partnering , the Director Internal Communications is charged with attracting and retaining best in class talent through engaging, efficient, and effective communication programs and tools across the BOSA Family Companies. Supporting a total client group that includes over a dozen entities and brands and a workforce of 850 employees, the Director collaborates with key executive stakeholders and the total HR team on all talent & employee centric initiatives throughout the organization.
At Bosa, the Human Resources team partners with stakeholders to drive and execute HR strategy on various corporate initiatives. The Director of Internal Communications, in collaboration with the Corporate Brand team, will support translating the overall HR strategy into . The overarching goal of this new position is to create an effective internal communication strategy that provides an overall look and feel of employee communications. You will collaborate with the Corporate Brand team to develop and drive compelling narratives that bring the story of Bosa to life internally.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Human Resources, and working closely with the VP of Brand and Corporate Communications, your responsibilities will :
- Identify, build, and optimize the communication strategy, framework, tools, and mediums most effective for our people.
- In collaboration with the Executive and the Corporate Communications team, work to translate narratives and strategic communications plans for company-level stories. Partner with Corporate Communications to manage content; generate what we want to communicate, when and .
- Create and maintain a quarterly internal communications calendar outlining a mix of corporate communications activities, such as employee emails, internal newsletters, company events, and sponsorships.
- Identify and build communications throughout the office environments for space design (such as screens, signage and art installations).
- Partner with Corporate Communications to develop and maintain internal crisis communications plans and execute, as .
- Lead the partnership on behalf of the Marketing team with the Bosa Family Foundation (internally).
- Collaborate on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives; and Learning & Development branding and content.
- Partner with Corporate Communications to support and establish digital tools, such as content for internal websites and social media, to enhance our ability to acquire and retain talent.
- Work across the business to implement strategic platforms (slide decks, presentations, advertisements) to communicate our vision effectively.
- Create a toolbox for partners around the organization to execute internally within the parameters of the communications plan. What you Bring:
This is an ideal role for a seasoned professional with significant strength in employee communications and a passion for great storytelling. To be successful in this role, you should have demonstrated experience in high-growth, entrepreneurial organizations that have gone through periods of significant transformation and change.
If you strive to be at the leading edge of best in breed, and you are dedicated to continuous improvement, then you are aligned with our values. If you are keenly interested in experimentation and innovating in an established industry, then you are aligned with our goals. Most notably, if you are excited about implementing a communications strategy and methodology with one of Vancouver's most trusted brands, this opportunity might be a fit for you.
What's great about this role?
This is a great opportunity to work with a Company that values all its talent, both experienced and new. Your workday will be varied
- especially through supporting a diverse range of businesses that include Real Estate, Construction, Property Management, Industrial Services, Retail, Hospitality and Start-ups. Most importantly, you will be joining a group that has a solid foundation but is keen to innovate and change. Your entrepreneurial nature will be encouraged, your projects embraced, and your expertise and opinion will be valued across the organization.
Our Must Haves
- Undergraduate degree, or completed post-graduate studies;
- 10+ years' experience working in communications, specifically with hands-on internal communication experience;
- Superior writing and communications skills with proven ability to use creative tools to engage people;
- Demonstrated experience in moving fast, being entrepreneurial, getting results, and working in both proactive and reactive communications;
- Experienced in partnering with leaders and experts at all levels, and are confident in providing counsel to senior leadership;
- Ability to distill complex concepts into simple language and translate business needs into actionable plans.
More About You:
- You're equal parts creative and organized.
- You're as good with details as you are with big ideas.
- You can think strategically, but don't mind rolling up your sleeves to get things done.
- You're efficient and intelligent, and know how you like to work.
- You're confident in your decisions, but are also open to feedback.
- You're driven by strong relationships, and are a people person.
- You can handle a bit of chaos in your day, and don't mind adjusting on the fly.
- You're the hands-on type and are a self-starter.
- You're a team player who's positive, upbeat and easygoing.
- You have a passion and interest in real estate.
Our most important offering to anyone that joins the Bosa Properties team is our culture of innovation, achievement, and ownership. We bring out the best in each other by constantly striving to be world class in all we do. These values are reflected in our Real Estate Projects, our Company, and our People.
At Bosa, we also offer a very competitive compensation structure that supplements your regular income with a robust benefits package:
- Medical and Dental Coverage: Our industry leading benefits package covers you and your dependents at no cost
- RRSP Matching: We support your future goals by matching up to 5% of your RRSP contributions.
- Friends and Family Program: Early and exclusive access to our newly released projects
- BOSAconnect?: Our annual development conference that is designed and hosted by our leadership and complemented by a range of world-class speakers and workshop experts.
- Professional Development and Education Support
How to Apply
Please submit an application at the link provided. We value your interest in the Bosa Family of Companies. While we can only respond to shortlisted applicants, we will keep your information on file and consider you for future opportunities as they come available.