Who is MINDCURE?
MINDCURE is a mental health and wellness company, focused on finding new ways to treat the profound distress of a world suffering from a mental health crisis. Bringing a new category of psychoactive and psychedelic treatments to market, we aim to revolutionize the long-term treatment of mental health disorders.
Headquartered in Canada, we are uniquely situated in the market, benefiting from a sophisticated investment community, world-class scientific professionals, and government leadership in research.
And as our new Scientific Writer
What you'll be doing
Mind Cure is looking for an experienced Scientific Writer to write clinical research protocols, informed consent documents and IBs. Further, to write clear, understandable, and compelling content around the company's products and services as may be required to translate from research to scientific publications, posters, presentations and general public interest.
Reporting directly into the Chief Medical Officer, you will work closely with teams across the organization, including Clinical Research Management, CROs, Public Relations, and Regulatory to create and update scientific collateral, inform website content, and translate for the general public as may be used in investor relations. Your strong understanding of complex technical and scientific concepts as well as the ability to simplify them for the public will make you a strong asset in this role.
This role is ideal for a flexible, problem-solving individual, with excellent verbal and written communication skills who can manage multiple ongoing projects.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Create and maintain all clinical research protocol documents, informed consent documents and investigator brochures
- Function as the single point of contact and accountability for the scientific accuracy and consistency of materials about the company's products and services
- Brief and coordinate internal and external graphic designer to help create informative and helpful visual aids to better communicate scientific concepts as might be required
- Ensure scientific content compliance with critical regulations, processes, and SOPs
- Edit and review scientific content associated with industry trade events (i.e., congresses, workshops, and webinars), including abstracts, posters, and slide decks
- Support Public Relations efforts and help generate accurate and informative press releases, etc.
- Stay abreast of the latest scientific and medical advancements in the field and bring a curious and innovative mindset to the team
Working at MINDCURE
Our founding team and advisors have deep industry-specific experience in biotech, life sciences, product discovery, research, technology, and entrepreneurship.
We're focused, driven, and passionate about our work
- if you live and feel the same way, you'll fit right in.
There is tremendous opportunity for growth and success here, as we continue to expand, and we can't wait for you to be a part of it.
This is a full-time, permanent position working from your home office. This role is to be performed in the Eastern Time Zone.
We offer a highly attractive total compensation package, commensurate with experience.
What Makes You an Ideal Candidate
- An advanced degree in a Life Sciences-related field
- 5+ years' experience as a Medical Writer or Scientific Communication Specialist within a Biotech/Pharma/MedTech/Life Sciences company
- Fluent in professional written English
- Demonstrated track record of experience in scientific and product communications, medical education, or publications
- Excellent planning and copywriting
- High degree of initiative and the ability to work independently
- Flexible, able to adapt to rapid changes
- Capable of managing multiple assignments with competing priorities
- Strong oral/written communication and interpersonal skills