Covenant House Vancouver is the premier provider of residential and support services for our city's homeless youth, and we are growing! You will be joining a team of dedicated and committed people whose mission is to help at-risk young people move off the streets and on to independence.
The Communications & Marketing Coordinator will report to the Marketing Manager and work with our small, but mighty Communications and Marketing team.
The role will be responsible for telling stories that build our brand's presence while driving action across diverse digital and printed platforms. This role is hands-on, with active collaboration across the organization, primarily with the Development Team.
The Communications and Marketing Coordinator will craft distinctive and engaging content, and support marketing & communications campaigns, projects, and promotions through an integrated communications strategy to support Covenant House Vancouver's mission.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Social Media and Digital Communications 50%
- Ability to write a variety of on-brand communications content for print and web publication and to adapt writing style for various audiences; including creation of the written components of e-appeals, emails, e-newsletters, social media platforms, print materials and donations landing pages.
- Ability to implement communications plans for strategic priorities.
- Ability to interact productively and collaboratively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Keeps current on evolving technologies and communication and engagement practices.
Marketing and Communications Support 40%
- Monitors key performance indicators on the website/social media/online fundraising and develops plans with Marketing Manger for ongoing improvement
- Support internal staff with written communications and collateral copywriting, including letters, emails, and editing other smaller projects.
- Assists in the execution of Advertising Campaigns
- communicating with media reps, promo teams; ensuring on-schedule delivery of advertising assets; etc.
- Serves as back-up for Marketing Manager in their absence (blog and social media posting).
- Other projects as assigned.
- List pulling and maintenance in Raiser's Edge for e-appeals and other email communications
- Responds to email inquiries and maintains e-newsletter/e-appeal distribution lists in MailChimp
- General website maintenance
- Contributing to internal reports and data collection as required.
- Supports with answering phone calls from donors during key times.
- Assists at donor events as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School
- 2 years experience in a similar role
Technical skills and competences should include:
- Alignment with Covenant House Vancouver's values and principles.
- Strong knowledge of communication, promotion, and marketing principles, practices, and strategies.
- Strong knowledge of current social media and online communication channels.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and project facilitation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Knowledge of Blackbaud's Raiser's Edge, Luminate Online and TeamRaiser (or equivalent CRM)
- Basic Front-end WordPress Content Management Skill
- Basic HTML skills
- Basic/Intermediate Graphic Design Skills
- Basic Video/Image editing
Familiarity with following tools:
- Google Analytics & Adwords
- Photoshop (or other photo/image editing software)
- Experience with executive communications functions such as preparing briefs, agendas, and speech writing.
We Love what we do and try to make a difference every day. Covenant House Vancouver offers a competitive salary with a great benefits package and excellent opportunity for training and career advancement. If you are looking to join a place where we have a purpose and aim to achieve positive outcomes, please join us by applying.
Covenant House Vancouver celebrates equality and diversity in the workplace. Our commitment is to ensure equity in employment, and we affirm and welcome applicants from all backgrounds of race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation and age, except as prescribed by law.