Job Description :
Richmond General Hospital
Regular Full Time
As soon as possible
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, Statutory Holidays
Come work as a Communications Leader with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Communications Leader to join the Corporate Communications team. Apply today to join our team!
As a Communications Leader with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Support all aspects of corporate communications for the Richmond Community of Care, which provides full-scope health services.
- Support the VCH Professional Practice team, which includes nursing practice and education, allied health (occupational therapy, speech language pathology, physiotherapy), virutal health and clinical informatics across the organization.
- Be a dynamic self-starter capable of prioritizing competing deadlines and confidently delivering sound communication advice to operational leaders. Equally important, the individual has a good sense of humour, loads of empathy, a willingness to pitch in to support colleagues, and lots of experience in creating simple, yet effective communications that connect with leaders, frontline employees and medical staff.
- Proactively identify opportunities for internal and external communication, as well as potential communication risks, and serve as a trusted advisor, demonstrating a positive attitude, critical thinking skills, creativity, diplomacy and amazing written and oral communication skills.
- Be accountable for developing, planning and implementing strategic communications with a focus on the communication and engagement needs of employees and medical staff in the Richmond Community of Care and the Professional Practice team.
- Provide leadership and consultation in all aspects of communications to advance strategic priorities while maintaining and strengthening the health authority's reputation with both internal and external stakeholders.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline supplemented with industry-recognized accreditation
- Seven to ten (7-10) years of progressive related public relations and change leadership experience, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Knowledge of the health care industry and/or public sector experience is a significant asset.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Makes independent decisions using analytical and problem solving skills while remaining calm, alert and high-functioning in stressful situations.
- Maintains a comprehensive knowledge of complex health care operations, and VCH goals and objectives to deliver strategic communications.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with change management.
- Applies and shares strategic knowledge about organizational culture and operational priorities to build partnerships, understanding and advance quality improvement.
- Uses broad knowledge of the social, political and economic environment in the provision of strategic advice to stakeholders across VCH relating to government, community and media communications.
- Applies solid knowledge of best practice business methods to help advance corporate culture, executive communications, executive engagement with frontline staff, corporate business practices and online and in-person communications.
- Uses advanced skills and experience in journalistic and business writing, as well as the skill to develop compelling written and multimedia presentations to target and engage a variety of external and internal stakeholders.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.