SBM is currently seeking a Marketing and Business Development Coordinator in our London Office. Under the supervision of the Principals-in-Charge, the Marketing/Business Development Coordinator will be responsible for all marketing initiatives at SBM ensuring to deliver clear and informative content for our range of audiences. The successful candidate will coordinate and support new project opportunities and proposals, as well as seek out prospective public sector requests for proposals/qualifications (RFP/RFQ), expressions of interests, etc.s.
- Manage and curate content for all SBM Social Media accounts including but not limited to LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Update and manage SBM's website and other marketing content, coordinating information from Principals and Associates.
- Log and monitor SBM's proposals and record keeping/communication related to proposals.
- Plan, oversee and manage marketing initiatives.
- Create and manage marketing materials including but not limited to proposal materials, newsletters, flyers, project signs, etc.
- Assist Principals and Associates with developing and maintaining existing client relationships.
- Seek and maintain connections and opportunities for SBM within the various communities we serve.
- Conduct market research on competitors to augment marketing efforts.
- Brainstorm and develop ideas for creative marketing campaigns (i.e. campaigns of community service, welcome to newcomers, initiative for partnering with government and non-profit organizations, etc).
- Manage SBM merchandise purchasing and delivery.
- Search and manage public RFPs for new opportunities and establish an agenda with principals and associates to respond to RFPs.
- Other administrative tasks and support as required for office upkeep and organization.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or diploma in business, marketing, communications, or related field preferred; experience considered in lieu.
- 2+ years experience in a marketing or a similar role.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook and Teams) required; marketing design software, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, or Illustrator experience preferred.
- Knowledge and/or experience in the engineering/building construction field and/or project management considered a strong asset.
- Access to reliable transportation and Valid class ?G? Ontario Driver's Licence for travel within London and across SW Ontario required.
- Strong integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality and manage sensitive information.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills; ability to produce and publish content on digital platforms and communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
- Commitment to ongoing professional and personal growth; willingness to learn.
- Adaptable and flexible to changing priorities.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and organization.
- Excellent initiative and ability to work with little supervision.
- Creative thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships both internally and externally.
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and annual performance bonus. SBM offers a positive working environment and a good relationship with our employees translates directly to better customer service and a superior finished product for our clients. The successful candidate will typically work 8am-5pm Monday-Thursday and 8am-2:30pm on Fridays.
What We Offer:
- Health Benefits Plan
- RRSP Matching (4%) Program
- Paid Overtime
- Performance Bonuses
- Banked Time Options
- Regular Social and Team Buildings Events
- Opportunity to build great relationships
- Career Growth and Development
- Paid Vacation
All qualified applicants should apply through our online application system.
References are to be made available upon our request.
SBM is an equal opportunity employer. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment in accordance with relevant governing laws. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Date Posted: July 22, 2021
Posting Close Date: August 12, 2021