311 Big Bay Point Rd, Innisfil, ON L9S 2L3, Canada Req #513
Thursday, July 22, 2021
Spend your days surrounded by the beauty of Lake Simcoe. Friday Harbour is committed to providing Associates with a workplace that anticipates needs, recognizes talents, and encourages and assists with personal career growth within our team.
Friday Harbour Resort is located in Innisfil, Ontario. We offer our homeowners, members, and guests a one in a kind experience. Welcoming guests to enjoy our lakeside amenities, take a walk down the boardwalk, support local businesses, enjoy a round of golf with friends or spend the evening enjoying dinner with locally sourced ingredients. As we continue to grow our growing resort, we are looking for outstanding associates to join our Friday Harbour team.
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for aiding in the development and implementation of all Friday Harbour marketing communication strategies through various media including print, digital, web, e-mail, social media and marketing and public relations. This position will assist and support in the development of Marketing communication programs to promote Friday Harbour and its services.*Colleague transportation available for a minimal fee from the Barrie Go South Station.*
- Working with the Marketing and Communications team, to assist in creating communications to inform homeowners and members of key information fostering and maintaining a sense of belonging within the community
- With the Marketing and Communications team, draft and create communications for community messaging to build loyalty and attract new visitors
- Monitor all social media communications, both reactive and pro-active, including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Assist with the creation, proof reading and deployment of the weekly Homeowner newsletter
- Support the Marketing and Communications Officer in the distribution of all digital signage
- Assist with maintaining Friday Harbour Resort website by auditing, proofing and reporting any changes required to the site
- Maintain a current collection of all media exposure, advertisements and awards
- Provide market research supporting any suggestions of communication initiatives and industry trends
- Provide editing and proofreading services to ensure that all communications are appropriately worded in grammar, content, and style
- Ensure that all materials are developed and distributed according to timelines established by the Marketing and Communications Team
- Assist with ensuring all products, services and other offerings conform to brand identity
- Support the marketing and communications team with administrative tasks and projects
- Attend and take minutes for meetings as required and distribute accordingly
- Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the health and safety program
- Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education in communications, marketing or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years of work experience including corporate communications, original writing and editing and public relations
- Experience with Screenscape considered an asset
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Knowledge of HTML and email design an asset
- Strong portfolio, including writing samples, promotional materials, digital assets
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must be extremely responsible with integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Required to move, lift, carry, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance
- Stand, sit or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire shift
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting and pulling
Join our team and make every day feel like Friday.
*All candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Friday Harbour is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
*Friday Harbour is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Friday Harbour is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Upon request by the applicant, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Please contact the Human Resources department with any accommodation requests.