Manager of Community Housing Programs
Markham, ON, Canada Richmond Hill, ON, Canada Req #71
Thursday, July 22, 2021
360°kids has been a leader in the delivery of innovative support services for over 30 years as we work to improve the lives of homeless and at-risk youth and families in York Region. We are a vitally important community agency serving all of York Region. At 360°kids, we provide a unique continuum of care approach with a range of programs and services that are essential to the health and well-being of youth and that are proven strategies for helping to keep youth off the streets by providing safe housing options.
POSITION: Manager of Community Housing Programs
LOCATION: Travel within York Region, Ontario
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager of Housing Programs
360°kids is paving the way forward when it comes to assisting at-risk youth, surrounding them with care, and offering them the support they need to rebuild their lives. Our expertise and reputation as a leader in this sector ensures that we are at the forefront of the fight against the issues that can impact the youth of today. While there are certainly challenges, our efforts and our successes have been recognized as we were recently named by Macleans as one of Canada's best charities for 2020.
360°kids currently operates 24 collaborative programs that are all aligned to the primary focus of supporting young people that are homeless or at risk of homelessness. Our programs are guided by the vision of our incredible team who work diligently to realize our mission of helping at-risk youth overcome crises and transition to a state of safety and stability. We know that the people that make up our team are critical to the success of our mission which is why we motivate and support them in a culture of open communication and fun.
About the Opportunity
360°kids currently has an exciting opportunity for a Manager of Community Housing Programs to join our team in York Region on a full-time basis. This is a newly created role.
The Manager of Community Housing Programs oversees all aspects of programming at the STAY Transitional Apartments, the Housing Workers and Transitions Long Term Housing Program. Duties include day to day operations; recreation; community supports; outreach; leading a diverse staff team; financial management of the program's budgets; proposal writing; and assistance in funding procurement.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Housing Programs, the successful candidate will oversee day to day operations and a team of youth workers to deliver innovative programming for at-risk youth and will convey and demonstrate a leadership style that supports a culture of inclusion and community capacity building.
Your work in this role is to develop, direct, and implement approved strategies and plans that will enable you to make a tangible impact as you work to improve the lives of others. While you will be supported by COO and Senior Management team, you certainly won't be micro-managed which means you can utilize your experience and skills to build a strong team and realize your vision for successful program delivery.
While no two days in this exciting role will ever be the same, your more typical responsibilities will include:
- Delivers on the overall mission, goals and operating principles for the STAY Program, Housing Workers and Transitions Long Term Housing Program in terms of operations and programs, in accordance with the approved Strategic Plan of 360°kids.
- Responsible for developing and managing all program delivery including all day to day operations and quality assurance of all operational components.
- Collaborates with a broad range of stakeholders in the creation and facilitation of effective partnerships.
- Works with the Management Team to ensure effective communication and integration of all programs.
- Provides leadership to a diverse staff team including recruitment and selection, training, development, and retention of the program staff to ensure ongoing competent, experienced, and effective management of the program.
- Manages for high performance focusing on empowering staff, team building, coaching/ mentoring, and motivation of employees.
- Ensures that appropriate policies and procedures are being utilized by program staff and that all staff completes mandatory recording and reporting.
- In consultation with the Senior Manager of Housing Programs and Human Resources hires and terminates staff for all program positions. Recruits and supervises volunteers and students.
- Assumes accountability for sound financial management and appropriate controls of the program(s) budget.
- Participates with the Senior Manager in preparing the annual operating budgets in accordance with the needs of both the program and 360°kids for submission to the funder and/or the Board of Directors.
- Informs the Senior Manager of Housing Programs on the financial needs to deliver on the programs. Monitors the program's finances and the development and implementation of action plans, supports fund-raising, as needed, to improve financial performance.
- Manages the stewardship of donors and volunteers when onsite.
- In consultation with the Senior Manager of Housing Programs, represents the organization, including sitting on committees, task forces and councils, in its relationships with various segments of the community service agencies and other constituencies such as government/regulatory agencies.
- Provides reports and related information as required to the Senior Manager of Housing Programs, COO, CEO, Board of Directors, other designated organizations, and appropriate regulatory agencies.
- Participates in regular intake and panel meetings to determine eligibility for programs.
- Other duties as required.
In order to qualify for this role, you will need a bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Social Work or a Child/Youth related field (e.g. Child and Youth, Social Service Worker, Social Worker, Psychology, Sociology) along with a minimum of five years of management experience preferably in a not for profit environment. You'll also need a current First Aid/CPR certification, current vulnerable sector screening (criminal background check), as well as a car and a valid driver's license with a clean driver's abstract and $2 M liability insurance. Experience working with youth and individuals through trauma from a mental health perspective as well as experience working collaboratively with families within a mental health setting is also an asset.
Our ideal candidate will demonstrate Leadership skills, including motivation, delegation, coaching/mentoring and empowerment and the ability to motivate staff and possess extensive knowledge of working with youth, including understanding of the regulatory environment (e.g. CYFSA).
You will also possess eexcellent communication, facilitation skills and interpersonal skills including superior presentation and public speaking skills with experience in developing funding proposals and managing accountability to funders.
Relationship building and management skills, to support relationships with peers, staff, partners and ministry officials and other stakeholders is key as well as a broad knowledge of community resources, including trends and gaps and excellent administrative and organizational skills, finance and budgeting experience.
Ability to effectively perform job duties with minimum supervision and the ability to work as a team member in a dynamic, complex environment and organize time and workload effectively with demonstrated problem-solving ability.
Finally, individuals that are passionate about the work that they do and are eager to help young people thrive will excel in this role.
About the Benefits
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary based on skills and experience. As an employer of choice, we reward our team with a total rewards package that includes:
- Extended health & dental.
- Long term disability, AD&D and Life Insurance.
- 4 weeks' vacation/yr on joining.
- 1 extra week of vacation/yr for participation in on-call duties.
- 12 sick days a year.
- RSP employer matching of up to 2%.
- An environment that supports continuous learning.
- Opportunities for career growth.
- A positive staff culture that provides opportunities to connect with your coworkers such as our summer BBQs, holiday parties, and team-building events.
Upon joining 360°kids you'll be welcomed into a fun and collaborative environment where we truly value our employees and want to see them succeed.
If you're looking for a leadership position where you can use your innovation and passion to make a lasting, positive impact on our community then apply now!
360°kids is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. 360°kids offer accomodation for applicants in our recruitment process, if you are contacted regarding a job opportunity please advise if you require accomodation.
Min Hiring Rate
Max Hiring Rate