Sinai Health Foundation raises and stewards funds to support Sinai Health System. Sinai Health System is Canada's leading integrated health system and comprises Bridgepoint Active Healthcare; Circle of Care; Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute; and Mount Sinai Hospital, Joseph & Wolf Lebovic Health Complex. The generous support of our community fuels everything we do from seamless care to scientific discovery.
People are excited to come to work every day at Sinai Health Foundation. As a world-class institution, we have a unique and rich personality. We are driven to make a positive impact for patients, their families and society.
We love the clash of ideas that lead to better solutions. Challenging the status quo is encouraged. Collaborating will allow us to push forward.
We recognize that the pace of change continues to accelerate and understand flexibility is vital. We take our work seriously and have a lot of fun doing it! Laughter echoes throughout our organization.
We embrace and celebrate differences. We look for diversity and inclusion when we hire top talent. We have great respect for our strengths, perspectives, opinions and lifestyles.
We have high expectations of each other, but even higher expectations of ourselves. We are not hampered by rules and processes, we trust in each other.
We do all that we can do...and then we find a way to do a little bit more. We embody creativity, imagination and a fierce determination to make the world a better place.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Communications Specialist to join the Sinai Health Foundation team to elevate the profile of our fundraising events and ensure our initiatives ladder up to our overall brand strategy. In this fast-paced, multifaceted Foundation environment, the Communications Specialist will work with fundraising staff, clinical leadership and marketing and communications colleagues to support event marketing and communications needs, ensuring successful event promotion and execution. The Communications Specialist will lead the drafting events-related materials, and will work with our in-house team, external agencies, staff and volunteers to help develop plans and materials that support the needs of our growing events program.
This position will appeal to marketing, communications, and event professionals seeking the opportunity to work with a dynamic team and volunteers committed to best-in-class practices. A person with experience in marketing practices, public relations, email marketing, traditional and digital advertising, event promotions, key message development, speeches and scripting, and out-of-the-box thinking will thrive in this fast-paced role. The incumbent must be comfortable in an environment with overlapping deadlines, conflicting priorities, and multiple stakeholders.
Office Location: Currently, as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, SHF staff are working remotely. Ultimately, when it is safe to do so, we will adopt a hybrid work model with some time spent in the SHF offices, located in downtown Toronto.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Drafting, managing review process, and proofreading all events-related written materials, including emails, web copy, profiles, invitations, ad copy, and speaking notes
- Working in collaboration with Brand & Marketing colleagues, supporting the drafting of PR materials for events (press releases, media pitches, etc.), and social media materials for events
- In collaboration with Events team: planning, developing and managing event marketing and communications deliverables and plans including pre- and post-event
- Partnering with both the in-house and external design teams to oversee the creations and design of event marketing materials such as invitations, email blasts, programs, on-site collateral and other print and digital material
- Utilizing relevant data and tools to improve effectiveness and efficiency of event marketing and communications materials
- Ensuring clear communication between the Events and Brand & Marketing teams, and that deliverables, scope, and timelines are all met and well-managed
- With support from the broader Brand & Marketing team, project management of departmental deliverables for events-related materials
- Supporting the broader Brand & Marketing team with projects and initiatives as required, through writing or other project assistance
- Other writing and related (editing, reviewing, etc.) projects as required.
- College diploma Bachelor's degree in a relevant communications field; a combination of relevant education and experience will be considered
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience in supporting and executing fundraising events
- Demonstrated ability to write at an executive level; editing and proofreading skills, including ability to organize information, data and visuals effectively, and to adapt writing and presentation style to fit audience
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, including PowerPoint; experience with monday.com an asset
- Excels at developing highly complex relationships, based on trust, integrity, and results, with clinicians, researchers and foundation stakeholders
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment requiring flexibility and multitasking under pressing deadlines
- A professional aligned with Sinai Health Foundation's five values: collaboration, flexibility, fun, respect and trust.