KITCHENER, ON /
MARKETING & SALES
We're building a movement
- an education revolution.
We're building a world where anyone, anywhere can have access to the best education regardless of where they were born. At our core, we believe education is a right, not a privilege. To that end, we're building a company and a suite of products to lead the charge in transforming access to education.
ApplyBoard is an online platform that empowers students around the world to access the best education by connecting international students, recruitment partners, and academic institutions. We simplify the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process. Not only do we help students with their study abroad journey, but we also help academic institutions to find the best students globally. Our goal is to help enable better, more diverse, schools that are enriched with cultures from all over the world.
The Role: *
We're looking for talented, motivated and multidisciplinary Freelance Graphic Designers to collaborate with our Marketing and Design team at ApplyBoard. This role requires a highly organized individual who can operate within the framework of our project creative brief and ApplyBoard brand guidelines to produce original, provocative, and engaging visual content. Our ideal candidate will bring a demonstrated ability working in a freelance capacity and a strong portfolio of successful design work. An expert-level knowledge of Adobe Suite and related design software is essential and the ability to provide final design files in Figma preferred.
Responsibilities : *
- Review project creative briefs and provide cost estimates based on project scope and timeline requirements
- Conceptualize and create impactful design solutions for traditional and digital mediums, including but not limited to: ApplyBoard branding, product and marketing websites, social media channels, email campaigns, marketing programs, knowledgebase, training platform, presentations, videos, and events
- Ensure the ApplyBoard brand is consistently represented across all project deliverables
- Utilize strong communication skills to engage with ApplyBoard marketing managers and design leaders to solicit direction, develop concepts, and produce designs that effectively reflect desired messaging and campaign goals.
- Prioritize and schedule project work to ensure on-time delivery
- Incorporate constructive feedback from stakeholders and design team leaders into final deliverables
- Deliver high-quality, well-thought-out designs under tight deadlines
Preferred Qualifications :
- 3+ years experience working in a Freelance Graphic Design capacity
- Proficient in a Mac environment with advanced experience using Adobe Creative Cloud including Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
- Ability to produce final art files in Figma is preferred (our design team's primary workspace)
- Ability to illustrate and adapt the ApplyBoard illustration style may be required
- Effective time management skills and ability to organize and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail to ensure that project expectations are met and free of any errors
- A strong online design portfolio to showcase the breadth of your creative, design and illustration skill set
Qualifications that will help you to stand out:
- Animation and motion graphics capabilities
- UI/UX design experience* (*creating user flows, wireframes, prototypes, mockups and style guides)
Life at ApplyBoard:
By joining our team, you have the opportunity to be part of one of the fastest-growing technology companies, not only in Canada but the world. With that, you will have many opportunities for professional growth and advancement. Work alongside a globally diverse team of more than 1,000 team members from 25+ countries, representing* 30+ nationalities, and speaking 50+ languages.*
Make a difference in the lives of thousands of students as they explore educational opportunities.
About ApplyBoard : *
ApplyBoard empowers students around the world to access the best education by simplifying the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process to more than 1,500 institutions across Canada, Australia, the United States, and the United Kingdom. ApplyBoard, headquartered in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, has helped more than 200,000 students from more than 125 countries along their educational journeys since 2015.
ApplyBoard was named the fastest-growing technology company in Canada by Deloitte,* ranking #1 on the Technology Fast 50? list in 2019 and #2 in 2020. ApplyBoard was also been named to LinkedIn's list of Top Startups* in 2020 and TechTO's list of top Canadian Rocketship companies to accelerate your career in the Tech Industry.
In 2021, ApplyBoard announced a C$375M Series D funding on a* C$4B valuation. *This funding will allow us to further invest in our technology, grow our team around the world, and serve more students on our mission to educate the world. Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard. Please note that only qualified applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time