KITCHENER, ON /
MARKETING & SALES
- MARKETING /
We're building a movement
- an education revolution.
We're building a world where anyone, anywhere can have access to the best education regardless of where they were born. At our core, we believe education is a right, not a privilege. To that end, we're building a company and a suite of products to lead the charge in transforming access to education.
ApplyBoard is an online platform that empowers students around the world to access the best education by connecting international students, recruitment partners, and academic institutions. We simplify the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process. Not only do we help students with their study abroad journey, but we also help academic institutions to find the best students globally. Our goal is to help enable better, more diverse, schools that are enriched with cultures from all over the world.
The Role: *
We're looking for a creative, innovative and multidisciplinary Graphic Design Lead to join our growing Marketing Team at ApplyBoard. In this fast-paced role, you'll apply your extensive design expertise, demonstrated through hands-on participation in key projects, while also overseeing the work of other Designers and working alongside the Design Services Lead to ensure all projects are scheduled and tracking on time. The right Graphic Design Lead will bring combined experience as a professional designer, team supervisor and project manager, to ensure that all design team members are enabled to deliver high-quality and well-thought-out designs under tight deadlines.
- While actively involved in executing design projects, lead and review work being completed by other design team members
- Assist the Design Services Lead in maintaining our Airtable workload management system-reviewing new project requests and creative briefs, scheduling design resources and tracking project timelines to meet aggressive deadlines
- Work closely with internal project stakeholders to understand design requirements and to ensure creative briefs are complete and effectively communicate the goals and design direction for the project
- Conceptualize and develop initial design frameworks for traditional and digital mediums, including but not limited to: ApplyBoard branding, product and marketing websites, social media channels, email campaigns, marketing programs, knowledgebase, training platform, presentations, videos, and events
- Incorporate constructive feedback from key stakeholders and Design Team Manager into final deliverables
- Apply industry best practices and stay on-top-of the latest technology and strategies to keep the ApplyBoard brand looking fresh and forward-facing
- As a team lead: Work closely with design team members to ensure the ApplyBoard brand is consistently represented across all designs internally and externally-facilitate design reviews/approvals on design projects while monitoring team member workloads and following up on due dates-conduct weekly 1:1s with team members and quarterly KPI reviews
- Work with Design Services Lead to develop and maintain a pool of freelance designers for project overflow and oversee outsourcing of projects, including design approvals and delivery of final artwork
- Ensure project stakeholders are kept up to date on project changes and progress
- Assist in the recruitment of digital and interactive designers-plan and execute their onboarding and training
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager of Design Services
Preferred Qualifications :
- The Graphic Design Lead must take initiative and exude motivation and leadership
- 5+ years related experience with 2+ years managing design teams in an agency or fast-paced environment (tech industry experience preferred)
- A college or university degree/diploma in graphic design, multimedia design, web design, fine arts, or a related field
- Proficient in a Mac environment with advanced experience using Adobe Creative Cloud including Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
- A working knowledge of Figma (our primary design workspace) will be essential to your day-to-day work
- Ability to illustrate and adapt the ApplyBoard illustration style and brand
- A creative mindset with a strong understanding of design principles and marketing design fundamentals
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to organize and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail to ensure that project expectations are met and free of any errors
- Self-starter with a positive attitude and ability to work and solve problems independently
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- A strong online design portfolio to showcase the breadth of your creative, design and illustration skill set
Qualifications that will help you to stand out:
- Animation and motion graphics capabilities
- UI/UX design experience* (*creating user flows, wireframes, prototypes, mockups and style guides)
Life at ApplyBoard:
By joining our team, you have the opportunity to be part of one of the fastest-growing technology companies, not only in Canada but the world. With that, you will have many opportunities for professional growth and advancement. Work alongside a globally diverse team of more than 1,000 team members from 25+ countries, representing* 30+ nationalities, and speaking 50+ languages.*
Make a difference in the lives of thousands of students as they explore educational opportunities.
About ApplyBoard : *
ApplyBoard empowers students around the world to access the best education by simplifying the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process to more than 1,500 institutions across Canada, Australia, the United States, and the United Kingdom. ApplyBoard, headquartered in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, has helped more than 200,000 students from more than 125 countries along their educational journeys since 2015.
ApplyBoard was named the fastest-growing technology company in Canada by Deloitte,* ranking #1 on the Technology Fast 50? list in 2019 and #2 in 2020. ApplyBoard was also been named to LinkedIn's list of Top Startups* in 2020 and TechTO's list of top Canadian Rocketship companies to accelerate your career in the Tech Industry.
In 2021, ApplyBoard announced a C$375M Series D funding on a* C$4B valuation. *This funding will allow us to further invest in our technology, grow our team around the world, and serve more students on our mission to educate the world. Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard. Please note that only qualified applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time