Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and their employees. Homebase currently serves more than 100,000 small (but mighty) businesses with everything they need to manage their hourly teams: employee scheduling, time clocks, team communication, hiring, onboarding, and compliance. Just don't call us HR or Human Capital Management. We're tools built for the busiest businesses, so owners and employees can spend less time on bullsh*t and more time on what matters. The Homebase team brings small business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, Gusto, and First Data. Based in San Francisco and Houston, Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Bain Capital Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, and Khosla Ventures.
You are someone who is equal parts strategic, analytical, creative, and gets things done. You are obsessed with delivering the right message to the right customer at the right moment. You are someone who loves to solve problems and help small businesses discover products that will make their work and lives better.
Reporting to the Sr Director of Product Marketing, this role will partner with our core Product team to continuously refine and improve the customer experience and journey in Homebase. You'll own segmentation, product positioning, messaging, and go-to-market strategy. You'll define the customer experience and work with growth, product, marketing, support, and sales to create the right personalized experiences for different segments and placements, improving conversion across all stages of the funnel. You will partner with internal teams to perform research, will be responsible for defining our different customer segments, understanding their needs, and using those insights to communicate the value and benefits of Homebase. You will play a key role in refining our messaging and communication, and our pricing, and packaging strategy. Ultimately, you will be the voice of the customer.
- Work with product, sales, and marketing to build the right experiences for different segments of customers, driving improvements in acquisition, activation, monetization, and retention
- Take insights from customer and market research and apply them to improve our roadmap as well as marketing and sales motions.
- Turn data into strategy and strategy into tactics to drive more awareness and adoption of Homebase products.
- Define our key segments and own the positioning, messaging, and go-to-market strategies for them
- Execute on go-to-market plans with product, marketing, and sales to drive awareness, adoption, upsell, and retention
- Test and optimize across the funnel
- Partner with sales, product, and user research to constantly learn about the customer and their needs
- Drive strategic initiatives and decisions within the company.
- Understand the needs of small business owners and be their voice
- Make sure each customer is getting the most out of Homebase
- Build repeatable processes for growth tests, product launches, and customer communications
- 6+ years of experience in marketing and 4+ years in product marketing or relevant role
- Strengths in messaging and positioning
- Experience doing qualitative and quantitative customer and market research, defining and acting on segmentation
- Excellent executive communication skills: synthesizing complex problems and convincing people of your point of view
- Must be excellent at written communication, copywriting, and creative development
- Deep customer empathy; B2C or SMB marketing experience a plus
- Proven ability to work closely with and influence product and growth teams
- Excellent project management skills and experience building go-to-market plans
- Analytical mindset and comfort using data to diagnose and inform decisions
- Thrive in a startup environment: ability to prioritize, adapt, test, and learn
- Be curious, detail-oriented, and a problem solver
- Ability to work well cross-functionally
- BA/BS degree required; MBA a plus
What We Offer You
- Supplemental Benefits
- Stock Options
- Everyone is an owner
- Fun Team Activities
- A dynamic, well-connected, productive team that is thriving while working from home and who have found new ways to connect and have fun despite social distancing
At Homebase, we value our differences, and we encourage all to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Homebase is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.