At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us. As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are temporarily working from home.
The Rogers Communications team is looking for an experienced communications manager to support large-scale external communications programs for Rogers. If you are passionate about technology and business trends, and enjoy working in a fast-paced, high-energy work environment, then this could be the role for you.
As a key member of the external communications team, you will help drive communications strategy, build strong narratives, create content, and help manage issues. You are creative, collaborative, comfortable navigating a large organization, and adept at building relationships internally and externally. You have outstanding judgement, a deep understanding of the media and social media, and know what makes a great story. Your writing skills are excellent, and you can distill complex concepts into compelling narratives that tell a coherent story. This full-time position is based in Toronto and reports to the Director, External Communications.
What you will do:
- Plan and implement best-in-class external communications activities that draw on rich and diverse stories across Rogers
- Partner with communications colleagues and cross-functional teams to create compelling campaigns and content based on the needs of the audience
- Produce external communications materials (including press releases, articles, key messages, holding statements, reactive talking points, Q&As, and executive briefing documents)
- Provide communications support for financial results, annual general meeting, M&A, policy and regulatory files
- Create engaging and compelling content to support communications programs across communications channels and identify new ways to reach audiences
- Monitor emerging trends and identify new communications opportunities for Rogers
- Work collaboratively across teams to manage issues and develop responses that help build and protect Rogers reputation
What we are looking for:
- A strategic and detailed-oriented communicator, who is a storyteller at heart
- An excellent understanding of media and social media with a sharp eye for a good story that supports business objectives and drives results
- Political acuity with a good understanding of how to develop and deliver relevant and timely external narratives
- Excellent writing skills with an ability to distill complex ideas into simple and compelling content that informs, influences, and engages audiences
- Strong media relations skills and an ability to secure positive coverage in mainstream Canadian press
- Experience of reputation protection and managing complex issues
- Proactive, resourceful, accountable, and happy working both independently and collaboratively
- Comfortable navigating a highly matrixed environment, working across teams to deliver communications campaigns and programs to tight deadlines
- Willingness to adapt and try new things to get the best from every situation
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to gain consensus across teams
- University degree and/or diploma in communications, public relations or journalism
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 333 Bloor Street East (824), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Communications & Corporate Communication
Requisition ID: 241802
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Corporate