Canada Req #69
Friday, July 23, 2021
CCRM, based in Toronto, Canada, is a unique not-for-profit group that is developing and commercializing cell and gene therapies and regenerative medicine technologies. We are leveraging our network of academics, industry partners and investors to tackle significant problems and advance our most promising technologies to the market to meet the needs of patients. For more information about CCRM, please visit our website at http://www.ccrm.ca.
Job Title: Communications CoordinatorCommunications and Marketing
In the role of Communications Coordinator at CCRM, you will participate in a number of exciting communications and marketing projects, events and initiatives, and have the opportunity to develop your skills. You will get to flex your writing and design creative muscles, while demonstrating that you are organized and detail-oriented.
- Developing, uploading and managing content on Synapse. Working with staff to generate content and looking for ways to increase staff engagement with the site, including creating new content and developing feedback surveys to gain insight. Monitoring site analytics to keep improving site visits.
- Internal newsletter: Write, design (in MailChimp) and distribute the monthly newsletter to staff
- Working with/supporting HR:Announcing new staff, promotions and departing staff, and updating staff credentials spreadsheet; proofreading and editing job postings; issuing (includes proofreading) ?all staff? emails related to HR and training activities; assisting with the development of employee policies, handbooks, etc.
- Conference strategy:Working with conference team and staff to understand who is attending/speaking/presenting at conferences and events. Ensuring representatives have suitable marketing materials for lead development and responsible for outfitting CCRM's booth. Also tracking presentation opportunities for external promotion purposes. Maintaining list of public talks for government reporting.
- Instagram: Coordinate withstaff to develop their profiles, including photography, and post approved content to the site when it is available. Track participation of staff to ensure everyone is featured, if they choose to be. Monitor analytics.
- Facilities and IT:attend Facilities and IT meetings to improve services for staff and help communicate new programs, initiatives, changes.
- Annual Report: Coordinating with staff when written content or images are needed. Some writing.
- Change management: Work with Director of Communications and Marketing when efforts are required.
- Internal signage: Develop and design internal signage and posters as needed; monitor and develop new content for slide show at reception, in collaboration with the Communications Specialist.
- Events: Supporting the Till & McCulloch Meetings and other events and workshops as needed, especially with event logistics, promotions and on-site registration desk.
- Proofreading and editing
- Designing ads, social media images
- Assisting with special projects, as they arise
- Other, as required
- Undergraduate arts or life sciences degree or diploma in a relevant program
- Demonstrated excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Strong spoken English
- Rigorous attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Proficiency with MailChimp, Photoshop, Illustrator, WordPress and Microsoft SharePoint
- Strong organizational skills and meets deadlines
Post graduate certificate or degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or Journalism
Knowledge of stem cell biology or biomedical engineering
Event management experience
Video editing experience
Proven ability to learn new technical skills and industry knowledge quickly
Familiarity with a variety of social media platforms
Able to work independently and show initiative
Writing samples may be requested and you will be asked to complete an assignment.
CCRM is a developing organization and represents a fluid working environment. Flexibility and adaptability are essential, and duties will be influenced by the needs of the organization.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
CCRM is committed to accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, providing the applicant has met the bona fide requirements for the open position. Applicants should make their requirements known once contacted to schedule an interview, or when the job offer has been made.