** This role can be done remotely from anywhere in Canada **
As the Marketing and Communications Coordinator, you support the development and distribution
of strategic marketing communications content through earned and owned media channels. This
role supports colleagues within the Marketing department, as well as stakeholders across the
Traction on Demand's hiring philosophy is based on culture, intelligence, and then skills. Here's what we mean by that:
Culture at Traction on Demand isn't about drinking beer and playing ping-pong
- it's much more. We are looking for people who want to join an active community of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community, and planet. Come join us on this journey! Traction is a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating ecstatic clients, doing enjoyable work, and being efficient in everything we do. We fail fast and love to innovate. Change is our middle name. Our values don't just sit on a glossy page. We live by them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are
- do they resonate with you?
Embrace Knowledge ? Do the right thing ? Seek adventures and smiles ? Healthy hearts and heads ? Pursue opportunity ? Build community
People often ask what it takes to succeed at Traction on Demand
- you've got to be smart, without having an ego. What does that mean? Imagine working with a group of your smartest friends who all love to learn. Everyone is always pushing each other to grow and innovate at a pace that can only be called furious. We are never idle or stagnant. We seek and share knowledge. We are comfortable with the unknown. We just ?git ?r done.?
Tractionites come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are from non-traditional backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when they have:
- Post Secondary Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, or a related field
- 1+ years of digital marketing or communications experience, preferably in the technology industry
- Proven interpersonal skills including excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven writing ability, including attention to grammar, spelling and the formatting most applicable for marketing
- Proven collaboration and team building skills, with ability to work with all levels and roles of an organization effectively
- Knowledge of website and social media analytics and reporting tools preferred
What You Will Be Doing
- Works closely with the Marketing & Communications (Marcomm) Team Lead to develop written communications across various verticals and focus areas
- Collaborates with practice areas to learn the needs and challenges of their respective areas
- Works with various key stakeholders to discover and showcase interesting and impactful stories
- Collaborates with key stakeholders and SMEs to obtain content
- Works closely with the Marcomm Team Lead to distribute content directly to our target audience
- Manages our social media channels, which includes sourcing, writing, scheduling and analyzing social posts and performance
- Works with the Macomm team to develop content for public relations, analyst relations and award applications
- Collaborates with the Marketing Services team to effectively build content for broader campaigns
- Communicates the Traction brand effectively in all strategic communications
- Works cross-functionally with other MAC team members on larger projects
- Works closely with the Marcomm Team Lead to measure the response and impact of campaigns
If you're interested, so are we! Send your resume our way, and we'll reach out to you if we are interested in moving forward.
At Traction on Demand, we aim to change the world by challenging the traditional consulting model and building community with our clients, partners, and neighbours. At our core, we're about improving the way companies do business by leveraging technology
- salesforce.com, technology partners, and our own libraries of intellectual property. We are a people-first organization, creating long-term relationships with our clients and growing with them as strategic business partners. Our clients are varied in size, geography, and industry, and include some of the world's largest technology firms. Traction for Good, our community engagement program, and our involvement as one of the first 100 B Corps in Canada are just a couple of the reasons why we have been named to the Best Places to Work in Canada top 10 list for several years running.
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Please note, employment is contingent on the successful completion of background and reference checks.