BRAND COMMUNICATION MANAGER:
- Waxbar sets the bar in the personal care and beauty industry through our premium hair removal services and high-end product offerings. Our mission is to continuously raise that bar to exceed expectations in everything. single. thing we do. This extends to our work environment too. We pride ourselves in maintaining a workplace that promotes collaboration, growth, and goal attainment through a culture rich in support, respect, and, of course, a lot of fun.
As a key member of a growing team, you will support our long-term growth strategies as well as highly tactical day-to-day execution. Reporting directly to the Director of Product
- Marketing, this is a rare opportunity to help an inspiring company grow and influence one of Canada's thriving industries.
We're looking for a Brand Communication Manager to impact outreach, brand awareness, and lead generation campaigns across multiple channels including ecommerce, social media, CRM, community partnership, and public relations initiatives. With 14 physical locations (and counting), a growing online business, and an innovative product development program, you will be embarking on an exciting journey toward world domination.
You should be that person who is one step ahead of social trends, and an early adopter of new platforms. Someone who loves creating great content, is immersed in popular culture, and is both personally and professionally curious about new industries, topics and ideas. Not only do you enjoy day to day social media management, but you love to work on long term strategies to grow brands on social platforms. You are inspired to make a difference, motivated to do good work, and always ready to roll up your sleeves to help produce great results.
- Develop and manage content calendars based on company objectives and industry trends
- create engaging content that is used for a variety of brand channels, including social, web, and email
- Develop copy and communications for campaigns, PR or brand initiatives
- Provide direction to agency partners to ensure creative is on brand and content is published accurately, in a timely manner
- Ensure brand standards are maintained across media channels and campaigns
- Conduct social listening across key platforms to help identify content opportunities
- Work with agency partners to manage paid social media campaigns from strategy to execution to reporting.
- Deliver analytics-based reports tracking marketing performance against key KPIs, as well as identifying key trends and areas of opportunity.
- Coordinate and support PR activities, including liaising with our external agencies, coordinating guest interviews, and internal WAXON team members.
- Build and foster relationships with influencers and brand partners.
- Assist social
- influencer promotions by supporting the development of marketing plans, campaign execution, real-time support, reporting, and related activities.
- Assist the execution and coordination of B2C/B2B marketing campaigns, and special projects.
- Support the marketing team in a variety of activities, as required.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- A degree or diploma in public relations or communications.
- 3-5+ years of marketing communications experience within the retail or direct to consumer space with a proven track record of results.
- Advertising or PR agency experience working on growing beauty or fashion brands.
- Proven brand, thought leadership, and PR content development experience.
- The ability to work on multiple projects and brands with competing deadlines without missing a beat (or a detail).
- Exceptional copy writing
- communications skills. Written samples of work will be requested during the interview process.
- A great creative eye and design skills in Adobe CC and Canva.
- Expert knowledge in best practices related to all major social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, LinkedIn, YouTube, Reddit)
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to present findings and actionable recommendations.
- An entrepreneurial spirit. This means you are always thinking about ways to innovate, improve, and see the big picture of what we are striving to accomplish.
- An attitude that you can tackle anything thrown your way. You're excited by figuring out things you've never done before. ?That's not my job? is not in your vocabulary
- You are growth, impact and results driven
- you can move fast to create high quality content in an evolving environment.
- You are beaming with positivity and demonstrate impressive multitasking and organizational skills.
- You take initiative and ownership for tasks.
- Fluent in English; French is an asset.