Careers that Change Lives
Our space, the medical device, and the healthcare industry is rapidly changing. It always has been that way. With remote monitoring, wearables, robotics, AR/VR, telemedicine, and much more, agility and responsiveness are key to our success. Experience what it's like to work at a company with an exciting product pipeline full of patented inventions driving innovation in the healthcare space.
Bring your talents to an innovative medical technology and healthcare solutions leader. We deliver with the training, mentorship, and guidance to build your future success.
A Day in the Life
- Provide day-to-day operational and analytical support in Medtronic's Diabetes Inside Sales (Government application processing, credit card order processing, disputes & approval requests for credits, returns, other inquiries as required) as well as order management processes (backorder notifications, order tracking).
- Provide a professional level of support to Customers, Field Sales staff, and other Departments (Credit, Inventory Control, Customer Service, Inside Sales, Helpline) by managing numerous Medtronic ordering processes, tools, and policies and demonstrating the ability to monitor product & information flow as well as resolving issues.
- Contribute to the company goals in the areas of customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for internal insurance verification process for pump and CGM devices.
- Executes sales leads uploads and qualifies sales leads.
- Follows up on CGM open opportunities to close won or escalate to Inside Sales representative.
- Follows up on out of warranty opportunities in the absence of the Inside Sales Representative or as required, to liaise customer with an Inside Sales Rep, send product information, document customer availability to review product and service needs.
- May be assigned to additional Sales support functions as required.
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Represents the company to external and internal customers, answers product-related questions, traces lost shipments, interprets and clarifies customer orders for the shipping department, takes orders or registrations, and when necessary may connect customers to appropriate support or field staff.
- May manage web-based ordering or registrations, confers with management regarding customer credits, returns goods for credit, identifies quality assurance complaints, and writes price differentials on mail orders.
- May approve the allocation of stock in short supply, special price quotations, and bids, pricing allowances, deductions, and adjustments.
- May manage inventories at customer facilities using EDI (electronic data interchange), forecasting, replenishment, and inventory systems, focusing on stock and allocation issues to maximize service levels.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of Medtronic Diabetes products and services.
- Researches, tracks and provides problem resolution relating to ordering, processing, distribution, carrier or other issues and communicates to the appropriate internal or external customer.
- Determines corrective course of action in problem situations, balancing customer satisfaction and financial costs.
- Brings forth best practice ideas and process improvements.
- Fosters an environment of continuous improvement.
- Utilizes company policies and procedures while providing world-class customer service.
Must-Have : Minimum Requirements
- A minimum of 2 years of customer service experience in the CPG or Healthcare industry is required.
- Strong computer navigation skills, ability to work in multiple applications simultaneously.
- Composure: Ability to work in high-pressure situations and deals with conflict effectively.
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word/Powerpoint).
Nice to Have
- Post-secondary education is highly preferred.
- Strong communication skills in verbal/written English and French are preferred.
- Prior knowledge of Salesforce.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer and communicate with peers and co-workers.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology can do to help alleviate pain, restore health, and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be. We seek out and hire a diverse workforce at every level: We need fresh ideas and inclusive insights to continue to be an innovative industry leader
- that's why we make it a point to seek out, attract and develop employees who are patient-centric, passionate, and who represent the same wide variety of life experiences as our patients.
Medtronic Canada strives through our vision to build a culture of inclusiveness through our commitment to employment equity and diversity. Discrimination is prohibited on any grounds protected under Canadian Human Rights legislation. Employment applications are encouraged from all members of our community. Upon request, candidates with disabilities will be accommodated during the recruitment process.