As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network
- enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This Director-level role will report to the Senior Director, Marketing and will be responsible for developing and executing holistic marketing plans to drive growth while strengthening the Visa brand. This role will also lead the development and expansion of our Marketing Consulting Practice (Visa Marketing Services) selling and executing engagements that help Visa's clients (Issuers, Merchants, Acquirers, Fintechs) strengthen their business through market research, media strategy, performance-based marketing and sponsorships. Additionally, this role will lead marketing programs focused on driving Cross Border spend. This position will collaborate with internal Visa teams such as: Product, Sales, Research, Legal and Marketing teams from other regions. Ability to navigate a matrix organization and excellent interpersonal skills are critical. The ideal candidate should be analytically savvy and should have a thorough knowledge of multi-channel marketing with emphasis on social, digital media, search and website management. Candidate should have experience managing creative and media agencies from initial strategy to execution. We are looking for a determined self-starter who is a creative problem solver, deals with complex challenges and ambiguity effectively and will contribute to the strong and inclusive team culture we have created.
- Support the development of a pipeline of prospective Marketing Services consulting engagements based on a deep understanding of the payment landscape in Canada, client needs as well as Visa products and capabilities
- Sell in and work with internal Visa teams to execute Marketing consulting engagements for Visa's clients
- Oversee Cross Border marketing initiatives in Canada in partnership with Global marketing teams, including the promotion of travel-related Visa Products to Canadian clients (e.g. Visa Travel Predict)
- Partner with the Canadian, NA and global marketing teams, Product, Research, and Client facing teams to identity opportunities to better market Visa products
- Own budget and lead cross-channel implementation of projects and ensure consistency of communications across all product platforms and customer facing materials
- Work with client facing teams to drive understanding of available materials and explore opportunities for customization.
- Support new product launches consulting on client communication strategy and materials. Ensure that planned marketing activities align with key Visa priorities and client objectives
- Manage agency partners to execute integrated marketing programs and communications.
- Support management of Visa.ca content, search program, email program.
- Represent Canada at global ecommerce and cross border task forces.
- 10 years progressively responsible business experience, with majority in marketing
- Bachelor's degree (Business degree preferred) or MBA.
- You have 10
- 12 or more years in brand management, product marketing or marketing consulting with track record of delivering measurable business results.
- Prior experience in management consulting is a plus.
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor applied to a wide variety of marketing problems.
- You have prior understanding of payment landscape in Canada and relevant Visa product offerings from major Visa Clients (Issuers)
- Experience leading marketing strategies, working with creative agencies to develop creative, collaborating with media agencies to create and optimize media plans, and executing campaigns
- Deep knowledge of social and digital media, search and website management
- You have a demonstrated ability to work in a complex organization with multiple stakeholders to deliver accurate and on-time project deliverables.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and build credibility with cross functional stakeholders without direct authority.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with an emphasis on translating insights, product information and data into recommended actions.
- Excellent project management and budget management skills.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Fluent in French is a plus.
- Canada, US and Global Marketing Services
- Visa Consulting and Analytics and Account Executives
- Issuing Clients
- US and Global ecommerce and Cross Border Marketing teams
- Global XB Marketing and task force team
- Creative and Media agencies
- Corporate communications
- Finance and Procurement and Compliance
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment (phones and computers), reach with hands and arms.
Authorization to work in Canada, is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position. Relocation will not be available.
VISA is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law