Application deadline: August 23, 2021
canfitpro is the largest provider of education in the Canadian fitness industry. Founded in 1993 as a voice for all fitness professionals, canfitpro delivers accessible, quality education, certifications, conferences, trade shows, and membership services. canfitpro's over 24,000 members include some of the world's best fitness professionals, health club operators, industry suppliers, and fitness consumers.
Our passion is our purpose
- canfitpro inspires fitness as a desired career and lifestyle to create positive change in the lives of others.
Who is a Communications & Marketing Manager?
As canfitpro's Communications & Marketing Manager, the incumbent is responsible for the overall marketing strategy. You will develop and oversee the day-to-day management of communication and marketing projects and ensure that they are completed successfully. Your primary role is to increase the sales of all canfitpro products and services through social media, website, email, SEO, programmatic ads, and other emerging marketing conduits. This role will include the planning, directing, and coordinating of marketing strategies with the management team within the context of canfitpro's purpose, mission, and vision
What will you be doing?
- Developing, planning, and executing digital marketing campaigns, including web, SEO/SEM, email, social media, and display advertising
- Evaluate emerging trends and technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
- Develop content marketing strategy consistent across all channels. Implement using and managing content calendars
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies
- Create and implement a media relations strategy to grow the awareness of canfitpro as the authority for fitness in Canada
- Measure the performance of all digital marketing campaigns. Monitor and analyze data through various sources, including Google Analytics, marketing surveys, programmatic results, heatmaps, social media insights. Report performance and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Manage a team of five associates including graphic designers, web designer, social media, magazine editor and email specialist
- Deep understanding of marketing funnels through automation, drips, nurture journeys and proven ability to increase lead capture and reduce churn
- Develop a marketing budget and ensure marketing and advertising allocations are met
- Identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on the insights
- Plan, execute, and measure experiments and conversion tests
- Collaborate with internal teams to optimize user experience
- Oversee marketing automation plans and ensure integration with CRM
- Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points
- Source and manage outside vendors and agencies on ongoing campaigns including negotiating with outside partners
Who You Are?
- Minimum of post-secondary education or equivalent experience in Marketing and/or Communications Experience
- 3-5 years' experience in a marketing supervisor or management role
- years in digital marketing, communications, or related disciplines
- years Managing Projects including budgets
- Experience and interest in the fitness industry is an asset
- Proven marketing success in driving revenue & profitability
- Build strong relationships with all levels of the organization as well as external partners, sponsors, vendors, and contractors
- Strong understanding of digital marketing including SEM, SEO, social media, programmatic for advertising and generating sales
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft applications, marketing automation platforms (Marketo), CRMs (MS Dynamics), social media managers (Later.com, Social Sprout), WordPress
What's in it for you?
- To help lead canfitpro in its purpose- we aspire to deliver accessible learning experiences to a global audience, making fitness and mental health a part of personal wellness for everyone
- FREE Fitness membership for yourself and a friend/family member
- Group benefits plan designed to meet employees' basic and life-changing benefits needs
- FREE Zoom yoga, stretching and meditation sessions
- Monthly Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Lunch & Learns to create and support a culture of learning, unlearning and celebrating our differences
- Fun and energetic atmosphere to come to every day!
canfitpro is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable environment to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people of all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, veterans and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of canfitpro.
canfitpro is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, we will make accommodations available during the recruitment process to applicants with disabilities.