Graphic Designer, Print Packaging
Head Office, 1400 Castlefield Ave, York, Ontario, Canada Req #1247
Tuesday, July 27, 2021
Roots is more than just an iconic Canadian retailer, we are a group of passionate employees who act with integrity, trust each other and do what is right. We work in a space where people can grow and develop, with a team of people who own results and are dedicated to seeing Roots win. We seek to build longstanding relationships with partners who share our commitment to maintaining high ethical standards of operation.
We are currently seeking a Graphic Designer (Product Branding and Packaging) who can be nice, will seek inspiration from our roots, can commit to achieving results the right way and loves to think big to join us on our journey.
The Graphic Designer (Product Branding and Packaging) who acts as an integral member of the Graphic Design department, reporting to the Manager, Graphic Design. The Graphic Designer (Print and Packaging) will create custom designs for branded product trims such as hangtags, labels and various trim details.
The Graphic Designer (Product Branding and Packaging) for Roots will be responsible for and evaluated on the following:
- Creating innovative and impactful product branding and packaging solutions that inspire consumer purchase decisions through brand elements
- Effectively communicating product statements and features through package design
- Developing and maintaining packaging technical specifications to ensure compliance and consistency
- Reviewing proofs/samples and provide comments to ensure graphics are properly executed from creative concept to production according to brand standards
- Providing suppliers with final approved artwork for product packaging that meets brand requirements
- Researching the market for graphics, packaging and presentation design trends
- Creating unique, high-level presentations for Chief Product Officer
Top candidates for the Graphic Designer (Product Branding and Packaging) role will have the following:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Graphic Design (within the print or label/trim industry preferred)
- Intermediate typography skills and print production knowledge
- Extensive knowledge of PowerPoint and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop)
The Graphic Designer role is eligible for:
- A generous clothing allowance and employee discount
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
Founded in 1973, Roots Canada is a publicly held Canadian lifestyle brand that sells apparel, leather bags, small leather goods, footwear and active athletic wear with over 100 retail stores in North America and Asia.