UX/UI Senior Graphic Designer
Ext. helps financial services firms achieve their marketing strategy, communications and regulatory objectives
- on time and on budget. Our clients are based in Canada and the U.S. and include tier-one banks and insurers, mutual fund companies, credit unions, as well as hedge funds, private equity and venture capital firms. We are a full-service agency with services ranging from market commentaries, to white papers, to infographics, branding and websites.
As the Senior UX/UI Designer, you will report into the Art Director and work very closely with other members of the Studio and Digital teams. You will apply proven UX design principles as you concept and build websites that deliver high aesthetic appeal and user interface designs that are on trend. You will be an enthusiastic and ambitious professional, who strives for excellence in standards. You will be driven, motivated by exciting and challenging work and be self directed. We are a very collaborative team, here at EXT, so being able to work well with others, while maintaining individual focus and at times, high volumes of projects, is paramount.
- Work with EXT's Art Director, participate in brainstorming sessions, conceptual development, and design reviews
- Present and communicate ideas and explain rationale on design with stakeholders and clients
- Lead the user experience and user interface strategy, creating a consistent roadmap across all platforms
- Balance business objectives with optimal user experience and interface practices and trends
- Work with Project and Account Management and conduct user testing to ensure proper execution of the designs
- Strategic view of digital design projects, comfortable synthesizing feedback and incorporating into design
- Solid analytical skills. Able to interpret data and convert into analytics-informed design
- Communicate scenarios (hypothetical users), end-to-end experiences, interaction models, and screen designs to client
- Work with creative directors and visual designers to incorporate a visual or brand identity into the finished product
- Develop and maintain design wireframes (basic mock-ups of applications) and specifications
- UX/UI Designer
- 5+ years of financial services industry work experience and knowledge
- A Portfolio of completed graphic designs and/or projects
- Experience working with financial data
- Meticulous with details- both in file organization, and nuances across digital assets
- Extremely strong time management, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong digital design experience
- print design experience will be considered an asset
- Creative and analytical thinker who is self driven, and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Self-development skills to keep up to date with fast-changing trends
- University Degree or certification in visual design, or a design related discipline
- Experience as an interface designer, preferably within the Financial Industry
- Fluent in Figma, Sketch, InVision Studio, Adobe XD, Proto.io, Webflow, Balsamiq and Axure
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Cloud
- Illustrator, Photoshop, XD, InDesign, Acrobat
- A strong focus on client service with the ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and client satisfaction
- Knowledgeable on AODA / ADA best practices and applications
WHAT WE'RE OFFERING
Meaningful work where you can have a direct impact working on some of the biggest brands out there!
- A fast-paced culture of entrepreneurship, creativity, growth and collaboration
- A focused commitment to career development and personal success
- let us help you
- Regular all staff meetings so you're always in the know
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
We thrive on the challenge to help our clients be their best and attain their goals. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a positive impact for our clients.
- Work with a talented and collaborative team
- Opportunities to do challenging and rewarding work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Opportunities for building close relationships with clients
ext. is all about financial services marketing. Find out why.
Note: This job description is non-exhaustive and may be amended from time to time by the Company, with or without notice to the Employee.