Trellis Society is committed to active Reconciliation in alignment with the Truth and Reconciliation Commission (TRC) 94 calls to action and the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples (UNDRIP). Reconciliation is a highly valued and integrated part of our culture and work. Trellis' Reconciliation journey is intentional with meaningful engagement from all team members both collectively and as individuals.
Are you someone who is passionate about making a difference in the lives of children, youth and families? Are you a supportive, open-minded and creative marketing professional? Would you enjoy collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team? Then Trellis is the place for you!
Trellis Society is a Calgary-based social services agency that grew from the amalgamation of Boys & Girls Clubs of Calgary and Aspen Family & Community Network Society in June, 2020. Growing from a combined history of 117 years, trellis is building on the work of both legacy organizations to offer a continuum of 33 programs for over 9,000 people each year designed to support children, youth, adults, families and communities. The programs and services offered open a path upward for people from all sorts of backgrounds, including those caught at the intersection of society's most complex needs.
Trellis works to end youth, adult and family homelessness and creates space for belonging and exploration in our community. We provide education and employment connections and support safe home environments for everyone we serve, including youth and children whether that be in their own home or through foster care or group care. We support deeper connections by meeting people where they are, across all cultures, languages and diversity spectrums. Trellis is committed to empowering individuals and communities with the support they need to grow beyond life's challenges and reach their dreams.
The Engagement Team at Trellis is seeking a passionate and creative marketing professional to support agency marketing, foster family recruitment and program advertising.
Are you looking for a fun, challenging and meaningful opportunity to flex your marketing and advertising muscles? Then this Marketing Coordinator role is for you!
What you'll do as the new Marketing Coordinator at Trellis:
As part of a fast-moving, collaborative team, you will bring curiosity and creativity to the table, where you will be encouraged to grow the Trellis brand and welcome people into the Trellis community to learn more about getting involved. A primary focus of this role will be the recruitment of foster families and support home families to be a part of our Foster Care and Eating Disorder Support programs, through the avenues of digital and traditional marketing.
You are passionate about marketing and eager to work a room of new people. You are ready to help people and communities learn about Trellis through authentic relationship building. You find joy in helping people feel welcome in both physical and virtual environments, advertising to new demographics and getting creative with new marketing and recruitment strategies.
- Attract new people and families to learn about Trellis and welcome them into becoming a Foster Family or Support Home.
- Screen potential families and support the initial onboarding process with the Foster Care team.
- Establish and implement a recruitment strategy to ensure Trellis is hosting and supporting events in the community that align with the agency mission and vision.
- Collaborate with the Engagement and Foster Care teams to develop marketing strategies and materials to support the recruitment of Foster Families and Support Homes.
- Support Foster Families and Support Homes through the initial onboarding process.
- Respond to public enquiries about Foster Care and answer any preliminary questions that families may have.
- Collaborate with Digital Media Coordinator to prepare marketing and promotional packages to assist with recruitment.
- Host information sessions and attend various community events and engage community stakeholders to support the recruitment process
- Represent Trellis at community events focused on Foster Care or general promotions.
- Market and promote all revenue generating programs offered by Trellis, including After School Programs, Preschool, Summer Camps and more.
- Collaborate with the Engagement team to build the Trellis brand across the sector and within different stakeholder groups across the city.
What you bring to this role:
- Curiosity, enthusiasm, and innovation in marketing and advertising.
- Motivation and a self-starter outlook on recruitment for foster families, support homes and opportunities to showcase the Trellis brand.
- A degree or other post-secondary education and experience in marketing, communications, public relations, or business. Proof of relevant skills and experience, combined with a willingness to learn and grow is essential.
- Knowledge of the social services and/or non-profit sector is an asset.
- A desire to create intentional impact through your work; the courage to go beyond what seems doable and prove that growth is possible every day.
- Knowledge in the following areas will be helpful, but are not required for candidate consideration:
- Knowledge of marketing and advertising in both digital and traditional advertising.
- Knowledge of social media advertising and other digital platforms.
- Knowledge and experience hosting small events.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and networking skills with the ability to work independently.
- Experience using Microsoft Office apps like Outlook, Word, Publisher, Excel, and Forms.
- Willingness to learn new skills and software platforms.
- Ability to be flexible, working occasional evenings and/or weekend events.
- You are ready to work in a collaborative, face-paced environment that encourages you to be authentic, creative and have fun!
- This role reports to the Director of Engagement.
- There are no direct reports to this role, however the Marketing Coordinator will work collaboratively with the Foster Care team on recruitment strategy and execution.
This job advertisement is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, or disability.
We are committed to the principles of diversity and employment equity under the Employment Equity Act. We work to ensure our workforce reflects the diverse nature of Canadian society.
For more info on Trellis, please visit www.growwithtrellis.ca.
We thank those applicants who are interested in this position; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.