Spectrum Brands Canada, Inc. sells and distributes hardware & home improvement, pet, personal care, and home appliances under the well-known brands of Weiser, Pfister, Dingo, Furminator, Nature's Miracle, Tetra, Remington, and Black
- Decker brands. With Canadian head office in Mississauga, Ontario, the company has national representation through its own sales team and coast to coast distribution network. The company is a division of Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. of Middleton, Wisconsin.
The Territory Sales Representative provides sales and service activities related to an assigned territory of customers to ensure that established sales objective is achieved for that territory. They will model the Spectrum values and behaviors to achieve service excellence, meet and exceed organizational objectives and support fiscal responsibility.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Present new products to Traditional Retail dealers and develop planograms, execute product refresh initiatives and store resets to grow sales and maximize product mix margin opportunity.
- Advise distributor personnel on depth and breadth of Spectrum Brands product inventories through physical check and review of system reports and ensuring they are supplied with product literature and all appropriate sales tools.
- Maintain consistent call cycle to Big Box retail stores ensuring planogram and promotional execution and defective product procedures by store staff, third party merchandisers and by directly assisting where necessary to achieve sales success at store level
- Manage reporting and performance of third party merchandisers
- Conduct training for store personnel as required and arranges product knowledge meetings for distributor personnel. Occasional weekend support is expected
- Assist with re-merchandising efforts for surrounding territories
- Maximize market share and achieve forecasted sales targets within the territory
- Improve and grow sales, secure additional store retail space through cross-merchandising and end cap placement, etc.
- Remove defective product and placing/repairing POP material
- Follow up on delivery or order problems as required to ensure the highest level of customer service
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly tracking of store execution and promotional sell through
- Attend promotional and grand openings to help educate customer and employees of Spectrum Brands products
- Assist corporate department with product evaluation, marketing plans etc. as requested
- Assist in all regional trade shows, regional sales meetings, may assist other Territory Sales Representatives with special events, vacancies or other events
- Maintain customer records for each assigned including purchase orders, credit approvals and follow up on credit issues, as required
- Negotiate credit terms and maintain records according to company guidelines and policies for shipping errors, shortages, and defective products
- Communicate with corporate departments promptly on all special requirements, questions, or issues that may develop
- Communicate information to appropriate departments and management regarding competitive products, changes in accounts, and territory status in an expedient manner
Education and Experience Profile
- 3-5 years of successful sales experience.
- Secondary education, preferably in Business, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- A strong work ethic, hunter mentality, love of sales, and the drive to get out in the field and support existing business and/or pursue new business daily.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask
- Strong business acumen and the ability to use a consultative sales approach.
- A customer-centric orientation and excellent relationship building skills.
- A positive, energetic attitude, Initiative, drive, and out-of-the box thinking.
- Understanding of the P&L process
- A bachelor's degree, preferably in Business.
- in-depth knowledge of Spectrum Brands Customers and strategy to properly plan and execute programs.
Working from your remote home office
Up to 90% Travel
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification.
It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Reference: US14881