We make small businesses more successful through better banking.
Our company is looking for a Growth Marketing Specialist to join our fast growing team as we enter a new phase of expansion. We are a Toronto, San Francisco and New York based, venture-backed, startup at the heart of the FinTech movement that is shaping the way financial services are delivered.
In this role, you'll be managing low to mid six figure monthly ad budgets across paid social channels like Facebook, TikTok, Twitter, Snap and more, focusing on both web and mobile app install. The performance marketing function at NorthOne is growing rapidly, and we have big plans! Although your focus will primarily be on paid social, you'll get exposure to a wide variety of channels including influencers, direct mail, out of home, affiliate and more.
NorthOne is a tech-powered bank account built for startups, freelancers, and small/medium-sized businesses (SMBs). Our API-enabled banking platform makes financial management accessible and affordable. We believe that better banking products can make the whole financial system more inclusive.
We ?? growth. We are all about performance, metrics, and KPIs. In addition to "traditional" digital channels like Paid Search and Paid Social, our Performance Marketing Lead has tested over 15 user acquisition channels including out of home, direct mail, tv, podcasts, and radio across Canada and the United States and has managed multimillion dollar ad budgets. Our COO has worked on brands like Frank and Oak and built products for Supercell, MachineZone, and Trivago. Oh, and our CEO? 5 years at McKinsey working on digital customer experience in financial services. We're building a product that solves real pain, vs the imagined kind.
Today you might be a Demand Generation Specialist, User Acquisition Specialist, Growth Marketer, Media Buyer, Paid Marketing Specialist, Ad Operations Specialist, or the equivalent in your company...or something that we haven't heard of yet
- we keep an open mind.
The most important characteristic of our Growth Marketing Specialist is your attitude. We want you to join because you don't see roadblocks, you see opportunities to be at your best.
The skills that will make you successful in this role:
- You get giddy about managing mid six figure monthly paid marketing budgets across multiple channels without breaking a sweat.
- Knowledge of split testing best practices and experiment design
- A track record of improving the unit economics of the channels you run through high velocity testing
- You know how to work with a creative team to get the assets you need to succeed
- You provide crisp and digestible reporting on the performance of your work
- You know how to create transparency into your work for stakeholders
- Advanced excel and data analysis skills
- You love getting your hands dirty by diving into metrics alone or with a data team
- SQL and Looker skills (or an equivalent BI tool) a bonus!
- You've worked on mobile apps with mobile measurement partners
- You've worked and won in a highly competitive paid acquisition market: e-commerce, mobile gaming, travel etc...
If you are this close to what we've described, but aren't sure, apply. Let's figure out together if this is where you could shine.
Our mission is big and audacious, but we're assembling a team to take the challenge head on.
As a Growth Marketing Specialist you'll be joining a team that prioritizes:
- People: Our company is more than just a business. We're a team that supports each other on our mission to rebuild business banking. We're really serious about mission, fit, and the people we work with. You'll be part of a rapidly scaling team that reflects these values and keeps this place special.
- Diversity: You'll find yourself in an environment that values diversity and inclusivity. Excellence doesn't come in one flavor and neither should we.
- Leadership: You're right in the thick of it, making critical decisions that will clear our path forward.
We offer full health/dental benefits, competitive compensation/equity, and one hell of an adventure.
If you recognize yourself in this job description, let's talk.
NorthOne is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and celebrates diversity. We welcome all applicants regardless of race, colour, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability status or national origin.