About Penny Appeal Canada
Penny Appeal Canada is a relief organization with a really BIG vision for the world. We want to create the best societies we can and to break the cycles of need and poverty for good. That's why we work to turn small change into a BIG DIFFERENCE. We are a proud member of a global Penny Appeal family that celebrated its 10-year anniversary in 2019. Penny Appeal was first set up to provide poverty relief across Asia, the Middle East, and Africa by offering water solutions, organizing mass feedings, supporting orphan care, and providing emergency food and medical aid. Since then, we have transformed lives and empowered communities around the world and right here at home. Our vision is a world that's united and strong. Communities working together, supporting one another, leaving need and poverty behind for good.
Penny Appeal Canada's approach to charity is simple, yet has a massive impact. We make charitable giving affordable and rewardable, ensuring everyone can help those in need by donating just a few pennies, or cents, each day. Penny Appeal Canada is one of the fastest-growing charities in Canada.
Digital Marketing Coordinator
Penny Appeal Canada is looking for an individual whose responsibility would be focused on developing core messaging and narratives to bring our organizational vision and priorities to life through storytelling and encouraging people to give. Reporting to the Marketing and Communications Manager, the incumbent supports the marketing team with content creation, email marketing, social media management and creation of marketing materials for print and digital They work with the Marketing and Communications Manager to develop marketing solutions that are well-designed, on time, and within budget.
We are looking for an engaging, self-motivated, team-player with a background in media management and advertising to join our Marketing team and help us scale our digital footprint. This role will be responsible for developing the strategy used in marketing Penny Appeal Canada's online presence, utilizing techniques such as social media, digital display advertising, web analytics, email marketing, and search engine optimization etc..
Key Area of Responsibilities
- Produce engaging content that builds trust and accurately communicates our humanitarian work, impact, and organizational values.
- Compose and produce content for all social media platforms, and generally for fundraising campaigns, reports, and specialized donor content.
- Create content for the website, email newsletters, social media, and advertising.
- Develop internal communications for staff and key stakeholders.
- Edit and proofread new content before publication.
- Developing content ideas and communication strategies in coordination with the Marketing Manager and other departments.
- Maintain and update content on the website to optimize SEO, curate blog posts and implement lead generation strategies.
- Expand Penny Appeal Canada's online presence to reach larger audiences in the digital space.
- Coordinate and handle day-to-day social media content and messaging.
- Track the progress of the organization's social platforms to improve our brand awareness.
- Execute a marketing strategy and campaigns to drive traffic to the website and shop.
- Maintain a content calendar for social media, influencer, brand, and email marketing channels.
- Gather, develop, and distribute content across social channels (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Youtube, Twitter, LinkedIn).
- Execute the social media strategy and be at the forefront of social media news, updates, and trends.
- Integrate all channels of marketing (social media, SEO, content marketing, email, print, and digital advertising) in collaboration with the Programs team.
- Actively engage in social media conversations with followers and influencers. Create, observe and respond to all conversations in an engaging, creative, and personalized way.
- Design, implement and manage shop products and campaigns
- Exceptional writing and editing skills. Must have the ability to identify tone and style for effective messaging for diverse audiences, with attention to detail, phrasing, and word choice.
- Excellent time-management skills, organized and task-oriented, with an ability to respond in a timely fashion to donor inquiries and team communications.
- A strong understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube) with enthusiasm for learning about newer platforms to develop opportunities to engage with online communities.
- Experience in copywriting or graphic design is an asset.
- Experience in Shopify platform is an asset.
- Analytical skills that allow for understanding and drawing key implications from various Digital Marketing KPI measurement tools.
- Working knowledge of content management software, including Asana, WordPress, Adobe CC, and minor video editing is strongly desired.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Google Drive.
- Proven ability to exercise diplomacy and good judgment.
- Ability to work independently using strong initiative.
- Ability to work as part of a fundraising team.
- Understanding inclusive fundraising and accessibility practices is an asset.
- Commitment to Penny Appeal Canada's core mission and values.
Compensation and Key Date
This full-time position is home-based, with health benefits, and competitive salary compensation.
The application due date is August 13, 2021
The start date is September 2021.
Please Note: Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted