Requisition ID: 111561
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Contributes to the overall success of the Global Communications and Technology & Operations teams by ensuring specific individual goals, plans and initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted follow governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
The Senior Manager is responsible for building and delivering best-in-class internal and external communications in support of the Global CIO team, viz. Country CIO and Global Heads of Engineering teams. This includes providing trusted advice and individual support to senior leaders within the Bank. The Senior Manager must also demonstrate a desire to learn and a high degree of flexibility and be both eager and able to take on other initiatives as needed within the broader Enterprise Communications group.
The Senior Manager leads and executes communication strategies that drive understanding and successful execution of Technology and all-Bank objectives and collaborates with internal partners to enhance communication within these businesses.
- Lead the planning and management of integrated internal and external communications for key Technology and Global CIO and initiatives, contributing to their success by assisting in the development and execution of internal and external communications plans, writing and editing of key communications pieces including business leaders' communications, providing communications advice to business leaders, and measuring success.
- Works closely with the Global CIO leadership, Country CIO and Global Heads of Engineering to develop and drive a compelling narrative, proactively seek out and deliver an internal and external thought-leadership program, and act as a trusted advisor to Country CIOs and Global Heads of Engineering on all matters relating to communications.
- Production and management of Global CIO, Country CIO and Global Heads of Engineering communications pieces, including announcements, press releases, online content, videos, Town Halls and presentations. This includes working with internal business partners to develop these communications as needed and coordinating and executing the delivery of communications to target audiences (internal and external).
- Produces and manages the development and enhancement of communications internal websites and other communications channels. Responsible for working closely with stakeholders and technical experts to design and deliver these; conceptualizing and creating, content; and measuring use and effectiveness of digital communications.
- Owns the development and regular upkeep of the Country CIO and Global Heads of Engineering communications calendars to maximize the effectiveness of communications across key channels in driving Technology, Global CIO and all-Bank business priorities and communications objectives.
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high-performance environment and promotes a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
Education & Skills
- Relevant university degree & certifications
- English, Journalism, Education, Communication/Public Relations, Change Management, Business
- Seasoned professional in change communications, social media platforms, event planning, employee engagement, storytelling
- Spanish & English
- Minimum 8-10 years leading change management and communications on large scale or complex initiatives
- Strong leadership, presentation, writing and media relations skills
- Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining strong working relationships with a variety of stakeholders across the organization
- Excellent organizational, planning, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Financial Services (Planning/Forecasting/Budgeting) and Technology acumen (AI, Robotics, Automation, Infrastructure, Architecture)
- Social Media Platforms: Jive and Facebook platforms, HTML
- Data analytics: Analyze data and translate into insightful trends/messages
- Suite of Publishing Tools: Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Premier); Microsoft Suite (SharePoint, PPT, MS Word, Excel)
- Ability to select/design appropriate diagnostic tools (surveys, interviews, groups) and identify change implications
- Assets: Understanding of Project Management, Process Improvement, Business Analysis, Software Development (Agile) methodologies
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.