As one of the world's leading asset managers, we are solely dedicated to delivering an investment experience that helps people get more out of life. If you're looking for challenging work, smart colleagues, and a global employer with a social conscience, explore your potential at Invesco.
By engaging employees and increasing their understanding of our business and culture, the Internal Communications team contributes to an environment in which colleagues feel a sense of common purpose centered around our clients and can be their most productive and whole selves.
The Senior Communications Specialist will develop, execute and maintain engaging employee communications, events and programs, primarily for Invesco's North America business. This includes project managing and executing communication initiatives, preparing content for distribution, organizing employee events, and providing tactical and strategic support to the Internal Communications Americas function. You'll use various communication platforms such as events, emails, intranet articles, internal social media, digital displays and videos to drive awareness, understanding and engagement. Keys to your success will be the ability to grasp concepts quickly, high attention to detail, and timely execution.
You will be responsible for:
- Plan and execute engaging employee communications that support our Americas business priorities and senior leadership
- Proactively source and create content about internal initiatives and outcomes; write/edit and publish stories through various media (intranet, email, video, internal social media and more);
- Tell our firm stories in compelling ways that align with our brand guidelines
- Organize staff events including planning, scheduling, promoting, executing all details and analyzing post-event feedback
- Manage or assist with a variety of communication programs that involve multiple action steps within tight timelines
- Participate on project teams to further enhance internal communication tools
- Build and maintain relationships with global and regional internal communications team members plus colleagues from a wide range of departments,
- At all levels (senior leadership to individual contributors), located in different offices, for the purpose of project execution
- Recommend resolutions to obstacles encountered, seek out efficiencies and help foster a culture of continuous improvement and innovation
- Stay on top of communication trends to continually evolve the ways we engage employees
The experience you bring:
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, business or related work experience
- 3-5 years of corporate communications or marketing experience
- Proven project management skills and effective problem-solver
- Excellence in project execution with ability to handle several deliverables at the same time
- Strong writing skills
- Experience using Teams, SharePoint Online, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Yammer, Slido, Exterity, Microsoft Office
- Financial services or investment industry experience preferred
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientation
- Strong written communication skills
- Team player who is collaborative, flexible and service-oriented
- Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate and work with a variety of individuals
- remotely and in person
- at all levels
- Ability to analyze and present data in a meaningful way and use it for continuous improvement
- Skills or interest in graphic design
Please note, this role Hybrid work environment
What's in it for you?
Our people are at the very core of our success and we strive to provide employees with a competitive total rewards package which includes:
- RRSP Contributions
- Health & Wellness Benefits
- Work flexibility Programs
- Parental Leave Benefits
- Study Support
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.