SICKKIDS FOUNDATION IS ON THE HUNT
FOR AN EXTRAORDINARY
ASSOCIATE, DEVELOPMENT WRITER
SickKids Foundation leads the fight for The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids), one of the world's foremost paediatric health-care institutions. Founded in 1972, SickKids Foundation is the largest charitable funder of child health research, learning and care in Canada. As a national charity, SickKids Foundation also invests in national and international initiatives to benefit children in Canada and around the world. Philanthropy is a critical source of funding for SickKids.
SickKids Foundation is committed to creating an inclusive culture where expressing your authentic self is celebrated. This includes embedding diversity and inclusion in our policies, practices, and behaviours, to build skills, knowledge and awareness of diversity and inclusion across the Foundation and with our external partners. The Foundation is committed to fostering a safe, accessible, and positive working environment.
For further information on SickKids Foundation's commitment to Diversity & Inclusion click here to read our Diversity & Inclusion Policy and Commitment statement.
Thanks to our donors, in the fiscal year that ended March 31, 2021, SickKids Foundation raised $170 million to support child health research, learning and care. We're winning, because every day we continue to fight, and we're committed to attracting to our team other passionate individuals who will contribute to our goal of making every kid a healthy kid. It is within this context that SickKids Foundation welcomes applications for the role of Associate, Development Writer.
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full-time Position (8 months contract)
DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION:
The Associate, Development Writer will report to the Director, Strategic Communications. The Associate will create and enhance donor- centred communications tools to support fundraising initiatives. These tools include highly customized major gift proposals and progress reports for individuals, corporations, and other significant gift prospects as well as fundraising marketing documents and cases for support that will motivate existing donors and engage new ones to support SickKids. The Associate will work closely with the fundraising teams, other members of the Brand Strategy and Communications team, and key hospital contacts to develop these tools in both print and digital formats and provide expert writing advice, guidance, and service.
- Compose and edit proposals, marketing briefs, impact reports and publications for specific donors and groups of donors in collaboration with fundraisers across all programs of the Foundation;
- Directly liaise with appropriate hospital staff to obtain information on hospital fundraising priorities and data/ information to support development of cases for support and impact reports;
- Write and edit thank you letters and other donor relations communications;
- Help maintain an online archive of past proposals, impact reports, marketing briefs and other donor communications;
- Develop and implement proposal and other communications templates;
- Create, write, and edit content for e- newsletters, the Foundation website, and other digital channels;
- Provide assistance to fundraising teams regarding best approaches for timing, language, and format of communications;
- Contribute to other projects as required, including annual report, SickKids VS podcast, direct marketing, donor recognition ads, and other communications.
While we know that for any job posting no one candidate will possess the qualifications being sought in equal measure, below is an outline of the qualifications we believe are important for a candidate to bring to the position or for the successful candidate to develop while in the role:
- A bachelor's degree in a broad range of specializations, preferably in English, Journalism, History, Cultural Studies, or related Communications disciplines;
- A minimum of three years' experience in communications or technical, digital or advancement writing;
- Superior writing skills and ability to convey a compelling story, especially as it relates to health care and medical research;
- Excellent donor and stakeholder relations skills, with a strong sense of diplomacy;
- Experience working directly with people from diverse backgrounds and adapting communications to multiple cultural audiences;
- Advanced organizational skills, balancing day to day activities with competing demands and priorities; and
- Expertise in MS Office suite.
- Understanding of best practice in proposal, stewardship, and case for support development;
- Demonstrated facility with desktop publishing and graphic design tools such as InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator;
- A proven track record in an advancement environment;
- Experience with web-based communications; and
- Formal training or experience in project management.
We're looking for a passionate individual who is interested in moving the dial and making a difference. We are an environment that looks to attract hardworking and committed people, people who are looking to challenge themselves and grow with a globally recognized brand that continues to change the world. If this describes you, consider joining our team. We look forward to reviewing your application.
TOTAL COMPENSATION PACKAGE:
SALARY RANGE: $64,263
To help you lead in the fight for kid's health and to support your health, wellness, and career growth, in addition to competitive compensation, we offer a comprehensive benefit package (includes a flex benefit plan), tuition reimbursement, flexible work arrangements, pension plan, and birth parent/ parental top up
- to name a few!
HOURS: 35 Hours
- work week, flexible work arrangements are available
DATE POSTED: July 28, 2021
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
Please apply on-line by visiting our website: www.sickkidsfoundation.com
SickKids Foundation is committed to its people and the talents, capabilities, and perspectives they bring to our mission. We live that commitment by being open and accessible to all, by valuing and respecting every individual, and by equally supporting every employee. As an organization proud to have joined the BlackNorth Initiative's CEO pledge, we uphold our commitment by inviting and encouraging individuals from diverse lived experiences from Black, Indigenous, communities of colour, people with disabilities, sexual orientation and all candidates who may contribute to the further diversification of the Foundation's community.
Candidates who require accommodation during the recruitment process should contact the Human Resources Department at: HR@sickkids foundation. com
AVAILABLE TO: Internal and External Candidates
DEADLINE: August 11, 2021
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Submit Resume By
Temporary Full Time (contract )