BKL seeks a full-time Marketing and Communications Specialist to join our great environment and assist our staff so that they can focus on their key accountabilities. The role includes coordinating marketing, sales, and project communications, as well as developing and maintaining client relationships to increase our current portfolio. This position will be based out of our office in Burnaby, a few steps from the Gilmore Skytrain station. If you enjoy working with a close-knit team and envision yourself as a key contributor to the ongoing success of a small business, we'd love to hear from you.
Who we are
BKL is Western Canada's premier acoustical consultancy. Our team of 24 engineers, scientists, and administrators works with builders, facility owners, architects, consultants, and governments to provide effective, client-specific acoustics, noise and vibration solutions.
What you'll do
- Develop and carry out marketing strategies under the direction of the Partners.
- Develop and update marketing materials, such as website and social media content.
- Identify leads, develop proposals, and help administrate our sales processes.
- Initiate and maintain communications with our clients, suppliers, and prospects.
- Develop and coordinate mail-outs to clients and key contacts.
- Posts BKL related content on the company website and LinkedIn page.
- Posts acoustical related content on the BKL Twitter feed and social media accounts daily.
- Provide project administration to assist consultants.
- Draft communications materials such as report, memoranda, and PowerPoint documents.
- Summarize marketing performance in period, monthly and annual, reports.
- Assist with proofreading consultant deliverables.
- Assist the Financial Administrators to resolve invoicing matters, as needed.
- Other duties as required.
What you'll bring to the job
A professional attitude and a willingness to tackle multiple projects at once. You arrive at the office with a positive outlook and require minimal supervision. You manage your time, prioritize tasks, and motivate yourself. You meet deadlines with high-quality, scrupulous work. We are looking for someone we can work alongside. Someone we can count on.
Plus you need the following
- A recognized bachelor's degree or diploma in business, marketing, or communications.
- At least two years working in marketing and sales, preferably with small businesses, or engineering and consulting firms.
- Unmatched written and verbal communication skills and an eye for detail.
- Experience planning, creating, and publishing regular website content through WordPress or through multiple social media channels including Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Experience copy-editing and proofreading multi-page technical documents, with an understanding of how to apply company writing style to memos, letters, reports, etc.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience designing graphics and laying out documents using Adobe InDesign and Photoshop.
- A working knowledge of Bluebeam is an asset.
What we offer
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.