As of June 2020, Quora has become a "remote-first" company. This position can be performed remotely from anywhere in the United States or Canada, regardless of any location that might be specified above.
The vast majority of human knowledge is still not on the internet. Most of it is trapped in the form of personal experience in people's heads, or buried in books and research papers that only experts can access. More than a billion people use the internet, yet only a tiny fraction contribute their knowledge to it. We want to democratize access to knowledge of all kinds
- from politics to painting, cooking to coding, etymology to experiences
- so if someone out there knows something, anyone else can learn it. Our mission is to share and grow the world's knowledge, and we're building a world-class team to help us achieve this mission.
ABOUT THE TEAM:
The Quora Revenue team is responsible for building strong relationships with advertising partners across the globe. Specifically, we aim to connect brands and agencies to our 300M monthly unique visitors in a way that delivers meaningful business outcomes. The team is laser-focused on providing exceptional customer service and building the foundation for long-term partnerships between brands and Quora. We're building a world-class sales organization, and the road ahead is going to be very exciting. If this sounds like fun, we'd love to hear from you!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This is a critical leadership role reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, and will be responsible for development and execution of our Sales and Business Development strategies. This is a revenue facing role that is accountable for achieving revenue targets for our data and programmatic businesses. The ideal candidate would love the opportunity to lead a high performance team in a fast-paced environment to define the early stages of Quora's high growth business.
- Sales Strategy and Operations
- Lead a team of Sales Operations analysts across US and India
- Partner with the revenue leadership to define, streamline and optimize our Sales strategy
- Lead business analysis and program effectiveness projects for sales and marketing
- Refine processes and measurements across various revenue teams both on the sales and marketing side
- Create and maintain dashboards and reports for the revenue teams in collaboration with finance teams
- Evaluate, vet, procure, and implement new sales and marketing tools
- Business Development
- Be responsible for delivering revenue for our non-native advertising businesses
- Work closely with our CRO in identifying, developing and activating new revenue partnerships
- Manage our existing partner relationships in data sales and programmatic advertising
- Work closely with business marketing to create sales narratives and pitch decks for partnership opportunities
- Collaborate cross-functionally with legal, product, and policy
- Ability to be available for meetings and impromptu communication during Quora's "coordination hours" (Mon-Fri: 9am-3pm Pacific Time). Learn why here
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline
- 10+ years experience in a combination of sales, business development, strategy or operations in technology/internet companies
- 3+ years of experience in online advertising managing strategic relationships with large brands and agencies
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Deep understanding of sales processes, sales tools and systems (sales cycle, CRM applications, lead generation, reporting, forecasting)
- Demonstrated history of setting ambitious goals and achieving revenue targets
- A deal-maker who has brought a number of impactful strategic deals to life from conception to execution
- Proven ability to track, prioritize, and drive multiple large initiatives concurrently
- Passion for Quora's mission and goals
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business Management, Finance, Stats, or related quantitative field
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) disclosure