Eaton's Electrical Division is currently seeking a Service Sales Specialist to join our team. This position is located at our Edmonton, AB location.
Position Overview :
The primary function of the Services Sales Specialist is to sell services to customers in the targeted market areas. This position will be responsible to achieve sales goals consistent with the expectations of a seasoned service sales specialist while under little supervision. This includes building strong customer relationships and creating holistic, solutions-based electrical service proposals for End Users, Industrial Customers and Contractors. Success in this role hinges on the candidate's ability to comprehend electrical power distribution concepts, proactively identify high-potential customers and opportunities, convert complex customer problems into attractive solutions, and leverage a broad set of internal and external resources to close orders.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Provide accurate and timely quotations and technical assistance to the assigned customers in areas of installation, start-up, maintenance, repair, training and modification on power transmission, distribution and generation equipment and systems.
- Develop and execute a strategic plan to meet aggressive sales goals.
- Manage all aspects of the relationship with assigned customers (end-users, contractors, Industrial/OEMs).
- Build Relationships with key customers to enhance Eaton's long-term business prospects.
- Prepare and present detailed quotations to customers using Eaton's price and delivery guidelines and use sound business judgment to enhance price realization.
- Plan promotional events and presentations with distributor personnel to promote Eaton Services.
- Utilize sales software (Customer C360) by entering, monitoring and updating opportunities diligently.
- Perform all functions with adherence to Eaton's Philosophy and Values, as well as the Safety and Environmental standards.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we
- as individuals and as a company
- are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications :
- College Diploma / Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field from an accredited institution.
- Journeyman or Master Electrician.
- Minimum 3 years of field service, sales engineering or design engineering experience in the electrical industry.
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver's license.
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 80 kilometers of the Edmonton, AB facility will be considered.
- Professional Engineer or Certified Electrical Technologist designation or working towards completion.
- Experience in electrical industry in installation, start-up, maintenance, repair, training and modification.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Experienced in developing and deploying strategies to deliver customer-focused solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communication abilities.
- Professional presence and effective presentation skills.
- Demonstrated competency in contributing to the success of the team.
- Analytical aptitude, ability to think critically with proven problem-solving skills.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look-from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day-you'll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That's why Eaton is dedicated to improving people's lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We're ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we're committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time