Who We Are
We're NFP, a 4x Best Places to Work award winner in Insurance and a recognized Elite Agency award winner. We are a world-class, leading insurance broker and consultant that genuinely cares deeply about our employees' and clients' well-being. NFP believes in empowering the people we hire to be their best. We believe in personal relationships and a commitment to one another. For the company to succeed, our people need to succeed. So we never stop promoting learning opportunities. We challenge each other constantly. We combine all the best that our people have to offer and create a new best.
Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ Canadian, U.K and U.S. office locations. To learn more, please visit https://NFP.ca.
The Role at NFP
NFP Canada's Personal Lines Insurance Division is comprised of a diverse group of talented insurance professionals who are committed to providing a superior level of customer service. We have experienced a substantial amount of growth in the division and across the organization.
Our Alberta Personal Lines Insurance Sales team has an immediate need for a Client Executive who will leverage their industry knowledge and expertise to provide a best-in-class client experience through offering customized solutions that will protect, comfort, and recover, providing peace of mind to new and existing clients.
What You'll Do
- Provide expert advice, recommendations, and counselling to prospects about their personal insurance coverage geared to their unique needs and exposures
- Meet and/or exceed individual sales targets as well as department goals
- Prepare documentation for prospects: complete applications for, issue insurance certificates, and set application for processing by internal or external keying team
- Maintain professional and collaborative relationships with key underwriters
- Resolve any concerns or complaints with a professional demeanor by leveraging product and service knowledge
- Quote new prospects using Applied Rating Services or Company Portals
- Represent the brokerage at industry functions when required
- Keep current on industry changes, underwriting rules, and workflow processes
What You Bring
- Typically, 2 years Personal Lines experience in a ?one & done? environment
- Extensive experience with Major Domestic Personal Lines Markets (Intact, Aviva, SGI, etc.)
- Passion for sales; committed to delivering a top-notch client experience
- Possesses and displays professional presentation and demeanor and a solid understanding of the personal insurance business in a sales-focused environment
- Self-managing with strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong team player-Ability to adapt to and collaborate with various team members and individuals
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while staying focused on priorities
- Professional, reliable, and courteous to clients and colleagues
- Excellent computer skills expected and EPIC fluency an asset
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
- Alberta General Level 1 Insurance License in good standing required
- Professional insurance designation preferred (such as CAIB, CIP, CRM, etc.)
What you receive
- Access to all major domestic insurance carriers
- Centralized support from IT, Accounting and other Central Services
What We Offer
- A competitive wage including Group health and dental benefits from day one, flexible leave days, RRSP matching and continuing education assistance/reimbursement
- A Focus on Health & Wellness with an excellent EAP program
- Opportunities to grow as an insurance professional and advance career
- Motivating work atmosphere
- A global team of insurance experts focused on client retention, growth, industry innovation and teamwork
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP has a strong commitment to a diverse & inclusive workplace. We understand the value of a workplace where every employee has what they need to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Internal Applicants: If you are a current NFP employee with access to the employee portal, please apply by navigating in the PeopleFirst Portal: Menu > Myself > View Opportunities (under My Company)
COVID-19 Update: Please note in some locations we've activated work-from-home plans for our offices. Standard operating hours generally remain intact for offices in the remote environment. We continue to stand ready to serve the needs of our clients.