Petro-Canada Lubricants Inc. (PCLI), a HollyFrontier business, located in Mississauga, ON is seeking a Temporary Full-time Advisor, Communications for a 13 month contract. Reporting to the Director, Corporate Communications, the Advisor, Communications is responsible for the development and execution of effective internal and external communications in support of HollyFrontier's Lubricants and Specialties (HFLS) division, including the Petro-Canada Lubricants, Sonneborn and Red Giant Oil commercial brands, along with supporting general corporate communication needs. In addition, this individual will actively engage in key stakeholder relations and manage local community investment activities, in an effort to enhance our organization's culture and reputation.
This position is not eligible for International Relocation Program benefits.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Internal and external communications
- Supports various HFLS business initiatives by developing and executing strategic internal and external communications that reinforces our One HFC values, articulates the business strategy and connects all segments
- Deliver communications in a timely, effective manner to a broad range of stakeholders, such as executive communications, internal newsletters, conference presentations, social media channels and customer communications/press releases
- Manages key sections of the myHFC intranet, including content and design
- Assist with planning and executing events/town halls for the division in an effort to create a professional, consistent experience, while meeting business objectives
- Manages relationships with key community stakeholder groups and support local charitable campaigns to maintain our reputation as a good corporate neighbor
- Oversees the Mississauga community investment budget and strategy, including the Canadian Employee Grant Program
- Provides direction and guidance on the internal community support campaign in an effort to boost employee morale and build awareness of our local community's needs
- Maintains and strengthens the reputation of HollyFrontier through crisis response strategies
- Develops annual stakeholder engagement plans and key messages for both immediate and emerging issues
- Assist with producing company policies and reports that support our local operations while fulfilling regulatory requirements
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion.
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience working with management and stakeholders within a large and complex organization
- Experience leading and/or implementing unstructured projects to completion within a changing environment
University degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, Public Relations, Journalism or associated field
Strong strategic communication planning
- Exceptional writing skills
- Understanding of carious communication channels
- Strategic stakeholder management experience
- Experience in issues management
This is an office-based role. Some work outside of regular business hours may be required.
- This is approximately a 13 month contract
Our One HFC Culture:
Our one HFC Culture focuses on four key values of safety, integrity, teamwork and ownership. They influence our decisions, shape our behaviors and keep us connected across the entire organization.
Safety is first. We care about our people and work tirelessly to make sure they return home safely, every day. Everything we do is done with integrity. We encourage growth and exciting possibilities by championing a culture of teamwork and ownership.
HollyFrontier Corporation, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is an independent petroleum refiner and marketer that produces high value light products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel and other specialty products. HollyFrontier owns and operates refineries located in Kansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico and Utah and markets its refined products principally in the Southwest U.S., the Rocky Mountains extending into the Pacific Northwest and in other neighboring Plains states. HollyFrontier also owns a 57% limited partner interest and a non-economic general partner interest in Holly Energy Partners, L.P., a master limited partnership that provides petroleum product and crude oil transportation, terminalling, storage and throughput services to the petroleum industry, including HollyFrontier.
HollyFrontier's Lubricants and Specialties division (HFLS) produces base oils and other specialized lubricants in the United States, Canada and the Netherlands, exporting products to more than 80 countries worldwide. HFLS serves virtually every industry, with products marketed under the Petro-Canada Lubricants, Red Giant Oil, Sonneborn and HollyFrontier Specialty Products brands.
Holly Frontier Corporation and Holly Frontier Lubricants & Specialties is committed to accessibility and accommodations will be provided to applicants upon request.