At Too Good To Go, we dream of a planet with no food waste.
Imagine if there was something we could all change today that would reduce global warming by 8%. That's how much food waste contributes to the climate crisis, and yet we continue to waste 32% of all the food produced in Canada. We're on a mission to change this and are building our team now!
Our app connecting businesses that have unsold food to consumers willing to buy at a discounted rate has grown since 2016 to become the world's number 1 app for fighting food waste, with over 81 million meals saved.
We're proud of what we've achieved so far, but we are just at the start of our Canadian journey.
We are looking for an exceptional Graphic Designer with a passion for tackling food waste. You will report to the Head of Marketing and play an active part in building our brand in Canada.
As Content Designer you will:
- Become a critical part of a collaborative, world-class marketing team dedicated to the eradication of food waste
- Accurately position the Too Good To Go brand with consumers, partners, and other stakeholders, maintaining the brand's global integrity while appealing to Canadian markets
- Heighten marketing impact and efficiency through world class creative solutions across all platforms, namely social media, paid acquisition, web, app, instore, OOH, and CRM
- Consistently create new creative assets (graphic, design, photo, video, other) that ensure Too Good To Go is relevant to consumers and businesses in Canadian markets
- Become the number one expert on the visual representation of the Too Good To Go brand in Canada by learning from the global Too Good To Go team and challenging as necessary
- Effectively support both the acquisition of new partners and the evolvement of existing partners through quick, agile, and structured design assistance
- Be a proactive contributor of creative/ visual solutions to drive consumer and partner demand
What makes you the candidate we're looking for:
- You are an exceptional content creator (minimum 2 years in a professional setting) with skills in graphic design, basic motion graphics, and photo editing; video editing would be a nice bonus!
- You have extensive experience with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and After Effects
- You have a strategic understanding of marketing platforms (social, web, CRM, OOH, instore, and more) to ensure we "speak the language" of each platform
- An agency background is a plus, as is brand and marketing management understanding
- You have working proficiency in English; extra points if you are fluent in French
- You have worked with national or international brands, and have the ability to internalize and localize global brand guidelines
- You have a high level of agility and speed to quickly turn-around design tasks, while maintaining excellent standards and attention to detail
- You are an excellent collaborator and team player who is eager to work with internal and external stakeholders
- We fight together: Food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
- We raise the bar: We always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
- We keep it simple: Our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
- We build a legacy: We're proud of the change we're driving.
- We care: We always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
What we have to offer
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you get to wake up every day knowing you're achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with 1,000
- enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across 16 countries (and counting)
- always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal and professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- A transparent and trustworthy company culture where you have the independence to unleash your creativity.
- An authentic, fun, and supportive team that celebrates success together.
How to apply
- We are passionate about recruitment and grateful for your interest! Please carefully read everything written above and check out our website and international media to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your resume and cover letter. Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. Resumes and/or cover Letters will not be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.
Too Good To Go welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it's only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we're allowed to be ourselves, and we're committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.