AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing biotech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that our partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease.
We are seeking an Internal Communications Designer to connect with our expanding, multidisciplinary team and support internal communications. Joining the communications team working on People & Culture projects, you see possibilities, not obstacles. You want to develop outstanding materials that allow AbCellerites to learn, share and grow.
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about contributing to AbCellera's continued growth, and who thrives in a collaborative and fast-paced environment. The opportunity at AbCellera to go beyond the limits of what is considered possible is exciting. Join us!
How you might spend your days:
- Designing collateral targeted at current and future AbCellerites (how we refer to people who work at AbCellera). Mediums include presentations, training manuals, learning and development course materials, as well as social media content, landing pages, digital and printed conference assets.
- Supporting and collaborating closely with the rest of the creative services team to ensure People & Culture content furthers the engagement of AbCellera's brand and reflects our culture.
- Collaborating with AbCellerites across multiple disciplines with a strong focus on internal communications, learning and development, and recruitment.
- Working as part of a small team on materials for our intranet and learning management course development and platform.
- Helping our entire team learn more about our organizational initiatives and projects, our learning opportunities, our successes, and our people.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a university degree or college diploma in graphic or media design with a minimum of 8 years of full-time agency and/or in-house design experience.
- You are a senior graphic design generalist whose portfolio demonstrates extensive digital and print collaterals such as presentations, brochures, exhibit displays, ads, webpages, email newsletters, and branded assets for social media campaigns.
- You have a portfolio that proves mastery in Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign. You have an advanced knowledge in designing for PowerPoint, Acrobat, Excel, and Word. A basic knowledge of Google Suite and HTML / CSS is strongly desired but not required.
- You understand how to manage color profiles and file formats and how they implicate downstream workflows in printing, web publishing, and video rendering.
- You have impeccable spoken, written, and proofreading skills in English.
- You are diligent, organized, and have exquisite attention to detail.
- You take pride in delivering what you say you will deliver, and invite feedback along the way.
- You are personable and able to contribute to a fast-moving and agile team.
- You bring an ability to work in an environment of ambiguity and innovation.
- You want to learn about us and our technology and to explore how the People & Culture team can support the various and changing needs of AbCellerites.
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks' vacation
- Outstanding opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we're solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up
- custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation
- revolutionizing how our scientists can mine natural immune systems to discover new antibody therapies, and the scale at which they can do it. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You'll join a diverse team of scientists, engineers, software developers, data scientists and business professionals
- all working together to bring better therapies to patients. Last year, AbCellera was named to Fierce Biotech's Fierce 15 list, and received three Fast Company awards, including the Most Innovative Team of the Year for 2020 and Best Workplace for Innovators.
We're a growing company with a high-throughput tech stack and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn't just about having the best technology, it's also about having efficient and seamless operations based on teamwork and cutting-edge tools. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators across the entire organization. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We're looking for someone like you to support, nurture, and organize our efforts along the way.
AbCellera is a technology company that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. AbCellera partners with drug developers of all sizes, from large pharmaceutical to small biotechnology companies, empowering them to move quickly, reduce costs, and tackle the toughest problems in drug development.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 21085 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.