Family Caregivers of British Columbia (FCBC) is a registered charity dedicated 100% to supporting family caregivers since 1989. Our mission is to improve the quality of life for family and friend caregivers through support, information, and education. We provide leadership to strengthen the voice of family caregivers and the significance of their role.
We are looking to hire an experienced Communications Lead to help FCBC continue growing and expanding our reach and impact. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Communications Lead’s primary purpose is to increase awareness and access to FCBC caregiver supports and educational caregiver topics through creative and organized marketing and communication. The Communications Lead builds and maintains relationships with community members and stakeholders and will support virtual events and caregiver programming.
Note: This is a remote opportunity that requires candidates to be situated within British Columbia.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Supports and implements a communication strategy plan designed to further FCBC key objectives
- Writes a variety of different content to support FCBC communications and marketing efforts, including but not limited to Enewsletters, newsletters, website copy, media releases, fact sheets, FAQs, reports, social media posts, marketing campaigns, posters, and articles
- Champions brand management and builds awareness by packaging consistent brand messages for both internal team and external audiences
- Engages and builds strong and lasting relationships with stakeholders, partner organizations, subject matter experts and community members through external communication channels
- Manages and oversees FCBC website (WordPress) content
- Supports a variety of virtual engagement events including webinars, caregiver support groups, and FCBC training sessions
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- 5 years minimum experience in organizational communications including experience in programming or event planning
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a university degree in related area such as communications, public relations, and/or marketing
- Experience working with a non-profit organization preferred
- Exceptional oral, writing, proofreading, and editing skills
- Superior time management, project coordination and organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines with minimal supervisions
- Knowledge of communication and graphic design principles and techniques and capable of creating visually compelling content
- Experience with creating and maintaining web content
- Maintains a positive, empathetic, and respectful attitude when working with others
- Must be a service-oriented team player that can work well collaboratively and independently
HOW TO APPLY
If you believe that you are the right fit to take on the role of Communications Lead for the Family Caregivers of BC, please apply with both a resume and cover letter to https://engagedhr.prevueaps.com/jobs/174802-33979.html by August 23rd at 5:00pm PST.
We look forward to hearing from you and connecting with you!